1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

*************UPDATE 7-23-12************
Just a quick update, doesnt look like too much but I am working on getting the secondary hull shape just where I want it. This is by far the hardest part to shape on the entire ship, but also kind of the sexiest:love. Ive got it to where I am happy with the shape of the left side, am now working with some templates to get the right side the same. Should work out to getting this part 90% shaped before then end of the week, then I will get back to the more fun stuff. Thanks to everyone for you comments and help. Trudging on!:)

That pic of the secondary hull resting against the display case really provides a good sense of scale to the size of this project. The main hull is going to be HUGE!!!

Excellent job!!

-**************UPDATE 7-27-12************
Just a couple quick pics before I go on vacation:lol. Sorry no progress for a few weeks:unsure. Working on that secondary hull still, getting colser to the shape I like, both sides are getting closer to even. Thanks for looking! I'll be watching you!!!:eek

Soon, I promise. Vacation is over came home to 117 degree weather with 80 percent humidity!:cry Working on getting all the parts to primer stage before posting more pics. Hopefully this weekend. Thanks for watching guys:cool

I just joined the forum, and this is the first thread I've looked at, WOW! What a thread to start with! This is an amazing project, and I can't wait to see the end model! I love Star Trek ships, and this one is amazing and huge!

*********UPDATE 9-3-12**********

I promised pictures so here goes! I finished off the basic shape of the secondary hull and got it skinned with some fiberglass just to keep that darn foam from cracking. Next time I will take somebody elses advice and not use that stuff again:wacko! Also had to extend the nacelles to match the studio model more acuarately (just another area the blueprints differed from the 6 footer). Also am working on welding up a couple stands, one for each the secondary and saucer sections, so I can get this monster off the ground:rolleyes and make her easier to work on. Once I get the secondary hull to primer stage I will be back to working on the saucer!:love. Thanks for looking!

I am really excited about your build. I feel like an ant on this web-site... everyone has so much talent. To quote Lieutenant Valeris, " I could only succeed you, sir." It has been a dream of mine to own a 1/350 scale model of every Enterprise, from A to E. I have a few irons in the fire already, and I view every project I complete as a step closer to my dream. And Builders like you inspire me to never give up... Bravo!

I found this site the other day via google search looking for a Bat'leth replica and have been nothing but amazed at the talent displayed on here. Awesome build!

Sidenote- Wow Cadeus you're in Bacliff? I'm in League City, right next door. Small world. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back