1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

*************UPDATE 7-2-12************

Okay, got the upper saucer section shaped, fiberglassed, primered and sanded! I couldnt wait to cut out the neck section to see how it fits. Got the shuttlebay area and observation lounge started. Once I can get the shape of the main hull where I want it I will get to shaping the secondary hull.
Thanks to everyone looking!
P.S. this thing is getting heavy! Definately need to make parts with the armature glassed in.

I was wondering are you going to mold this or is it going to be a one off. if your going to mold it, i was thinking you might want to secure the pattern down to a board so the shape stays true.

Good point! I will be bracing the two saucers straight and flat before molding them and then I will be bracing the molds as well. Once I get to parts I am going to have an armature similar to the original to fiberglass into the parts while still in the molds. That way my parts stray straight and no warping! My dad has been building boats, waterslides, canopies, car parts, golf car bodies,rc airplanes like this for over 30 years and had no problems! Thanks for looking everyone, you keep me motivated!

This is fabulous, and I don't use the f-word lightly. I love that you found a practical application for the Enterprise blueprints.

Next thing you know your garage will look like this.
8ff3e6a8.jpg

************UPDATE 7-15-12*************
Well............were do I start? Have you ever gotten half way through a project and said to yourself.....next time I do it I will do it this way, it will be way easier! But the problem with that is you will never do another one the same again. Well after looking at some reference pictures of the original 6 footer and taking some measurements off them, I realized that the blueprints I was using must be based more on the 4 footer. So on with the modifications....:wacko So here are my recent pictures, they dont look that much different. I did get a jig built for setting it upside down.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back