Studio Scale Cylon Raider in styrene

Something weird on that styrene sample - what's up with the louvers BWQyPDNCAAE_nxO.jpg on the canopy? looks like Frank was right when he said "I dunno - the factory did some stuff" at Jerseyfest, when I asked how it was comparing to the studio miniatures. It's a shame no one cared to do an accuracy check on something like that. Hopefully there's not a lot of things that were arbitrarily changed. We'll just have to fix it in post ;)

Do you mean the "clay" or fill under those strips or the Leo part added on the side? As far as i know the Leo part was on some of them for sure. For the louvers, we will need to see how easy it's to remove those strips. I did just have a 1/24 set of louvers grown, so maybe a replacement part? I guess we will not really know until we have it in hand if the louvers are molded into the hull or a separate piece.

Something weird on that styrene sample - what's up with the louversView attachment 242185 on the canopy? looks like Frank was right when he said "I dunno - the factory did some stuff" at Jerseyfest, when I asked how it was comparing to the studio miniatures. It's a shame no one cared to do an accuracy check on something like that. Hopefully there's not a lot of things that were arbitrarily changed. We'll just have to fix it in post ;)

I see nine on both, its the upper louvre on the prop that throws it off, as it seems integral to the hull and just painted darker? Either way, an easy fix id say!

Lee

Yeah, just got confirmation that no one was really checking the accuracy on it. Gary Kerr said he was preoccupied with the Galactica and didn't look too closely. Frustrating, but it's fixable. Just extra stuff to do, unnecessarily :-/

Looks great to me, never liked BSG all that much so many of the designs i dont care for, but the Raider is one that catches me eye, itll fill my BSGlite appetite!

Lee

yeah,just seen these pix on HLJ site before i logged on here.does look very good and they are taking pre -orders.

So far the most glaring thing is that bar on the canopy, maybe a few dips into the leo and karl boxes, otherwise I can live with most everything else...

Looks better than I was bracing for. Excellent. Anything "wrong" can just get shaved off.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back