Prometheus: Storm Rifle (Pulse Rifle predecessor).

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey, I am sure most of you have seen this already but I hope so bad that there is a replica of it.

I love where it differs from the Pulse Rifle as much as I love where it is similar.

Discuss!

picture4ew.png

Yeah, I've noticed it too. I already have the Pulse Rifle displayed and would love a replica of the Storm tifle as well. Can't wait for the movie. I've stopped looking it up as there are more and more spoilers coming out now.

Re: Prometheus: Storm Rifle

Prometheus acknowledges ALIENS. That makes Jeyl happy.

Although, I do question the placement of the scope. There is no way you could use that scope conveniently given the shape of the rifle. To see through it properly would require the stock to extend so far out that you wouldn't be able to hold onto the front part of the rifle conveniently. If you don't use the stock and bring the rifle much closer to your head, your arms will be so cramped back that your elbow will be all the way bent. No wonder they removed the scope in future renditions.

I wonder what those two red glowing dots mean...

Re: Prometheus: Storm Rifle

... Although, I do question the placement of the scope. There is no way you could use that scope conveniently given the shape of the rifle... I wonder what those two red glowing dots mean...

Non weapons prop guy probably put the scope there. The red lights may mean ammo is running low, status of ammo, looks cool.

This would be an ultra cool prop to have and display. Any word on if there will be a 1:1 official replica built? Any unofficial builds started? Any more info on the weapon itself?

I've got a weapon woody just looking at the one picture!

A fictional assault rifle developed for the film Prometheus by Ridley Scott, manufactured by Weyland Industries for Colonial Marines and civilian customers.

According to official Weyland Industries website made to promote the film, Weyland-Yutani Corporation made some significant breakthroughs in firearm technology during the XXI century, all incorporated in its signature Storm assault rifle, marketed worldwide and supplied to Colonial Marine force. Firstly, they somehow perfected the barrel rifling method in 2024, resulting in triple the speed and double the accuracy of conventional rifles. Secondly, Weyland introduces a targeting system that is able to identify and track its targets 500 km away, and also compensate for any and all ballistic factors (including different atmospheric pressure and density in off-world environment). Thirdly, a new 5.56 round was developed, with a bullet made of off-world materials (or, alternatively, uranium carbide) and able to travel quickly and almost indefinitely. The «modern» Storm rifle of 2073 is extremely light (1.3 kg), being made of micro-perforated titanum alloy, and is supposedly equipped with some form of underbarrel pump grenade launcher or shotgun. Otherwise, it is quite conventional and somewhat cumbersome, with a long barrel, massive high-capacity magazine and a partly collapsible stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pulse rifle was designed with an odd sighting setup anyway, but that is probably supposed to be a red dot reflex sight of some futuristic sort.

It reminds me of something Matsuo built years ago.

The red lights, I think, are a nod to the blade runner blaster.

If this thing appears in the film I will eat my shoe.

Nah, I think he more means "It's just concept art done for the website... There's no way they'll be in the movie"...

Nah, I think he more means "It's just concept art done for the website... There's no way they'll be in the movie"...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Scapey is right. It looks like they took an image of the Pulse Rifle and changed it a bit in Photoshop just for us fan boys to get the Aliens reference. I doubt that's going to be in the movie at all.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Scapey is right. It looks like they took an image of the Pulse Rifle and changed it a bit in Photoshop just for us fan boys to get the Aliens reference. I doubt that's going to be in the movie at all.

It looks too different in such subtle ways. It is definitely a complete CG mockup. May be right about it not showing up. Shame really.

Hey, I am sure most of you have seen this already but I hope so bad that there is a replica of it.

I love where it differs from the Pulse Rifle as much as I love where it is similar.

Discuss!

picture4ew.png
The ALIENS Pulse Rifle is my favorite movie weapon of all time. This thing is kinda fugly. Looks like someone wanted to make a pulse rifle sniper weapon and just jammed a longer barrel down a PR and said "That's the ticket!" Blah.

Almost certainly photoshopped from a photo of a regular PR, probably just as dressing for the website. Looks like somebody tried a bit too hard to make it "different" from the one we already know and love.

I doubt it will make an appearance in the film as the art direction seems completely different.

Almost certainly photoshopped from a photo of a regular PR, probably just as dressing for the website. Looks like somebody tried a bit too hard to make it "different" from the one we already know and love.

I doubt it will make an appearance in the film as the art direction seems completely different.

The entire viral site is a rendered, CG environment. There is no reason that they would "photoshop" this one item. It is most likely completely rendered. I hope for production purposes but there is a compelling argument for it not to appear in the film. Though, it doesn't look like there are many interesting "Alien" technologies in the movie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back