Defiance

BTW, those who missed the code, it was "rogue."

Things are getting really interesting in the show. I was surprised that the VC bad guy had not just a wife, but an Irath wife. Even more surprised by what happened. Clearly, that guy is a couple of bags short of a full-on Shake'n'Bake party.

Other surprise is finding out that Omec apparently have no taboos when it comes to sexual conquests. But then again, not surprising since they eat other intelligent species. But the thing I'm wondering is if the gulanite level of 75% mentioned will be what is needed to wake up the other Omecs in the ship above.

BTW, Amanda sure wasn't kidding about that letter opener getting a lot of action in that office. XD

Also, Alak/Irisa shippers can rejoice for the recent episode.

Have to tip my hat to Tony Curran for the Lawkeeper office scene. I swear, his reaction had me convinced that he was actually begging the way anyone would in that situation.

And, for the game, STILL not Episode missions. Either Trion is saving the episode missions for later, after the Omec wake up, or they're waiting until after the season is done (like how there was a big episodic mission set that came up after the season completed). I just hope that we get something. All the episode codes for simple items and no episode missions makes CB2001 a dull boy, you know?

We watched the last two episodes this afternoon and I am absolutely in lust with this show. Season 3 has been amazing in my opinion and I'm very curious to see where they're taking things. I'm guessing that Stahma will convince the Omec with her "Magic Chivo" (TM) (I swear to god, Datak gets some of the best lines on this show...) to throw in on the side of Defiance when Rahm Tak and his buddies come calling, and thus convince the townsfolk to spare her life. I'm not sure what Datak's out is going to be... if any.

Honestly, I feel that Stahma and Datak are among the most popular characters on this show so the writers will need to proceed with caution when it comes to killing off either of them.

Code for the game: aloevera

Tonight's episode was pretty good for a character piece. A lot of those guns in the Von Bach cases look like they're from the game (even the one Zero uses). Stahma has finally found someone who is even more scary than she is. The scene where she was getting bathed was creepy as hell (just as much as sexy as hell as it was).

Still seeing Irisa suffering from her trauma of killing innocent people, especially Tommy. I also noticed her hair has finally gotten longer over the seasons.

Datak got on the shaming rack, but was first lead in a "cone of shame."

Good to see Doc Yewll, even if it was for her to say goodbye to the only friend she's had.

I loved Nolan's monologue. I also love the fact that the Daddy-daughter relationship is drawing together again. Those two need one another.

I'm hoping that Rahm Tak's ploy will save Datak. Is that bad of me? :)

Good ol' Datak. I really liked seeing the Casti homeworld. I am wondering if his father was a priest or just very religious

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I'm pretty certain his father was a priest as he said he was staying behind in order to tend the sacred scrolls. I'm really glad that Datak made it out of the suicide mission alive. I love Datak and would be very sad if he had died.

Good ol' Datak. I really liked seeing the Casti homeworld. I am wondering if his father was a priest or just very religious

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I think the reason why his father stayed was explained in Season 1. "He could not leave the Castithan scrolls unattended. Not even in the face of death. Do you know why? Because he made that promise to his own father." - Datak, Season 1, Episode: "The Bride Who Wore Black."

But it was a good episode, for sure. For a minute, I wasn't sure Datak was going to bite the big one or not (with the flashbacks to Casti, it made me think that they were doing it as some sort of bookend to the character's life). It's a good thing that its established in the game that the world of Defiance, mechanical limbs exist (I do believe Rosa of Top-Notch tools has a mechanical arm, not to mention the 99ers have them).

Stahma knows the truth about the Omec, and the lead one has changed his mind about what he originally intended. So, will the Omec in his care follow his lead whenever they wake up or will they turn against him? Even more so, will his daughter be leading the charge or will she fall in line?

Bebe is an official pin cousin. Good thing too, considering the amount of innocent people. Rahm Tak's line while Datak was taking his arm off was pretty funny. And, of course, I found Rahm's death satisfying (except now I realize that his children, the ones mentioned by his Irath wife, the one he ended up killing and claimed was a spy sent by the humans, are completely orphaned). And, I'm beginning to wonder if since the defense grid is gone (again), what kind of problems are now going to be able to walk up the canyon to Defiance's front door.

And still, no episode related missions for the game (apparently, the Expeditions gameplay that came with Alcatraz, is suppose to be Season 3 for the game, according to the goals section). If they do add any content, I suspect that it will be after the Omec wake up, so that we end up dealing with them in the Bay. I could be wrong, though.

For personal cannon and a Defiance RP forum I'm a part of, I whipped up a new image showing my character, Chase Lonehart, over the last three seasons, including a pre-Season 3 appearance under the alias of Tom Cody (for you film lovers, I'm sure you'll figure out what movie that's a reference to):
defiance__chase_lonehart__updated__by_codebreaker2001-d90y7si.jpg

And, so, since the game doesn't have playable Indogenes yet (seriously, I'm still waiting for Trion to release the Indogene for the game, so I can have this character done in-game proper), I decided to work on one in The Sims 2, so to have a reference for a Defiance RP that I'm a part of. Her name is Iri Sawuel (pronounced "Airy Saywell"). The skin is still a work in progress (as you can see by the neck).

defiance__iri_sewuel_by_codebreaker2001-d90ybrb.jpg

The season is almost done. Only a handful of episodes left. I'm hoping that there's another season, and that the game continues as well.

Last edited:
This week's code: unity

This week's episode was interesting. Was surprised by the start,
when what looked like Doc Yewll buying the farm. And then, the next thing we know, Doc Yewll's okay and it was apparently a clone. Shame they killed off the clone. Two Doc Yewlls are better than one, you know? :)

Nolan clearly is taking the loss of the militia really hard. I guess he realizes that it's different from losing soldiers in a war. They were good people who died because of a misjudgment on his part (seriously, he hand picked everyone, including Bebe, whom he didn't know was a turncoat). Irisa seems to be back in a better place than she was a few episodes ago, and her relationship with Nolan seems to slowly be in repair. But it's still not enough to keep Nolan from trying to find relief at the bottom of a bottle, which in turn leads to another death he's responsible for.

And what's surprising is that Kindzi was the animal that ripped the Doc Yewll clone apart. And finding out that she cloned multiple Docs, killed multiple Docs and was in the process of cloning another one, kinda makes you wonder how many Doc Yewlls she had gone through before being discovered by the real one.

To my surprise, we discover the Omec have a control device that Kindzi used on Yewll. The reason why it was surprising to me was that for the Defiance RP I'm a part of, I have my Indogene character coming across a formula for a mind-control substance that the Omec used for controlling Indogenes for the Dread Harvests in the past, because the Indogenes were so headstrong that they weren't able to be enchanted like the other species of the Votans. I actually written that story out last week, and to my surprise, it turns out the writers had that same thought months ago. But what comes as a real shock is how poor Samir just got murdered by the mind-controlled Doc Yewll. It's a shame really. If there's any Yewll/Samir shippers, I'm afraid your hopes, dreams and fan pics are now official null-and-void.

All and all, a good episode. Can't wait to see next week's.

I kept wondering, "where is Datak?" during the episode. I saw him in the background for next weeks episode. Looks like instead of going back to Defiance he got picked up by or made his own way to the Votanis Collective. And it appeared his arm was back. Four episodes left in the season.

As for the game: They really needs some new missions or something. I have two gunslinger arenas to finish and then some random pursuits.

I kept wondering, "where is Datak?" during the episode. I saw him in the background for next weeks episode. Looks like instead of going back to Defiance he got picked up by or made his own way to the Votanis Collective. And it appeared his arm was back. Four episodes left in the season.

As for the game: They really needs some new missions or something. I have two gunslinger arenas to finish and then some random pursuits.

I'm sure he's bound to pop back up soon.

As for the game, I agree there needs to be some new missions. Unfortunately, the Expeditions are being counted as "Season 3" for the game material. But, I still suspect that when the Omec wake up in the show, there's going to be a huge split between those following T’evgin in a "we have to live together" path and those following Kindzi's "we will not be allowed to ignore our nature" path, and when that happens, we're going to be dealing with them in the Bay (would explain why we got the Omec Stun Baton, a potential foreshadow of the things to come in the Bay) with Kindzi leading the charge.

If anyone has a problem entering tonight episode's code, try ALLMOTER (like "allmother" without the H). That seems to work.

Tonight episode is getting good. Amanda and Nolan shippers rejoice. Finally, Doc Yewll is off the leash (Free at last, free at last, Yewll just popped a cap, free at last!). The Omec are slowly showing up and Kindzi is now even more of a threat than she was before. Got a feeling things are about to go down.

Oh my god, the feels on this one! I really hope SyFy lets them come back for another season
Nolan and Doc exploring the universe, being snarky and adorable together? YES, PLEASE!
, but even if they don't I feel like this ended in a really good place.

A great season finale and if it happens a great series finale as well and honestly I could get behind a whole season/spin off of Nolan going all Han Solo like in the universe.

I love the show too. When it was mentioned that they needed an Arkbrain and Doc Yewll said she had it covered, I swear, I thought they were going to use that Doc Yewll clone that was in the tank at the tran station in old St. Louis (the one that Kindzi had been using to clone Doc Yewll for hunting). In fact, when she plugged into the Omec ship, I kept thinking it was the clone that Doc Yewll sent up (I swear, on Twitter I even tweeted to both Kevin Murphy (show's co-creator) and Trenna Keating (who plays the Doc) that I suspected they were going to do a "Chekhov's Yewll"), but alas I was wrong. At least its good to see that the Doc is still alive (face it, Doc Yewll is awesome and the show wouldn't be the same without her).

I will admit, I was hoping for a full-on war with the Omec in the show, and it reaching the Bay (seriously, how awesome would that have been?). But alas, they're taken on a field trip across the universe once more. I hope Nolan and Doc Yewll can handle them whenever they find someplace for them and wake them up.

I hope that SyFy does a fourth season. Seriously, this show is pretty good, and the last two real good shows they've had are Farscape and Battlestar Galactica. Not having a Season 4 for Defiance would be an insult to all fans of science fiction.

BTW, those who missed the code for the episode, it is "Defiance." I've got mine entered, but I haven't gone into the game to claim my loot. And from what I've heard, for those who entered in all thirteen codes actually get some additional, unannounced in-game stuff (though I'm not sure if its true or not).

For now, since the show is currently in limbo, I'm preoccupying myself with the game and with a Defiance RP I'm a part of. And my poor character has had his fair share of hard knocks, with more possible ones to come.

The ratings were far better than Haven, yet that show got 5 seasons. It was a good show, it's just that the studios are still hung up on live ratings instead of accounting for dvr and internet watchers.

I'd be happy if it got to continue in comics or if they okayed a series of novels in the world to continue the story.

The ratings were far better than Haven, yet that show got 5 seasons. It was a good show, it's just that the studios are still hung up on live ratings instead of accounting for dvr and internet watchers.

I'd be happy if it got to continue in comics or if they okayed a series of novels in the world to continue the story.

It's the same thing with what happened with Farscape (but it was VCR recordings) and Caprica (which also didn't include DVR and Internet purchases).

I actually just talked to someone about the idea of the show continuing via comic series (ala Farscape by Boom!Studios, where some of writers of the show actually wrote the scripts for the comics). I actually had another idea that'd probably work, and proposed this after the season finale, and posted it on the suggestion board for "only if the series is cancelled." There were those that didn't like the idea, but I think it could work. Below is what I suggested, in its original text:

At the time of this posting, we don't know if the show will be continuing or not. I'm sure that SyFy will pick it up for another season, but it got me thinking about what would happen if the show wasn't picked up. And I think I've got a bit of an idea. Now, I know that Trion said that the players in the game will never get to go to Defiance (aka St. Louis) and that the game would continue even if the show didn't. That's primarily because the show is on the air and both the show and the game are designed to take place within the same universe, but just in two different places with their own individual stories going on. And I get that, as Trion has explained it to us time and time again.

However, if the show was cancelled, then maybe the possibility of the town of Defiance and whatever stories that Kevin Murphy and company have that they didn't get to do or any unresolved storylines could be brought to the game, bringing along the cast as well to voice the characters they play on the show to continue (so we'd still have Nolan handing out some missions on the behalf of the town, Doc Yewll griping at us for not taking care of ourselves during missions and having to come to her to be patched up {maybe calling us beatniks if we don't tip her for her services}, Amanda Rosewater still pulling double-duty at the Need/Want and Mayor's Office, etc). I know, you're thinking, "Really? That'd never work storywise!" But it has, and it has been proven. I am a fan of Farscape (and always will be), and not too long ago, there was a series of Farscape comics that continued the story, literally picking up from the end of the miniseries. And the writers of the show actually written the stories for the comics. But, for Defiance and should the show ever be cancelled, all that would be needed is to construct a server dedicated to the St. Louis area. For the log-in area, this is where things would get interesting:

Since the St. Louis area would need a population of players, just as much as the Bay would need its population players, having characters that were created for the game with the Bay only setting stay in the Bay whenever you log into that character. That's right, that means the character(s) you created in the game would remain in the Bay. And that would mean that if a player wanted to be in the St. Louis area, they would have to create a unique character just for that part of the world (and if they decide that they want to take their character from the Bay to Defiance, they would have to pay for the transfer, much like how there's a customization redo in the Defiance store). I understand that this part of the idea would peeve off the Players, but let's face it, there are those who have many characters anyway, and having two different characters that live in two different parts of the story universe would be interesting and realistic. I mean, the town of Defiance has had its fair share of problems that were strictly theirs to have (for example, The E-Rep takeover, The Omec) while the Bay has had its fair share of unique problems (i.e. Nim Shondu, Dark Matter, the Pilgrims). It'd be true to real life as well (a person in Florida may be having a lot of different problems and situations with different people than compared to someone in Los Angeles). And the crossovers could still be done (i.e., you play your character in the Defiance area and help with one half of a situation, and then you can play your San Francisco Bay character to continue the situation until its conclusion, and vise-versa).

But, like I say in the title: this is just an idea that could be used should the show be cancelled and if Kevin Murphy still had some stories to tell about that small town above Old St. Louis. I know a lot of people would disagree with this idea, but I'm still tossing it out there, just in case. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back