Defiance

1.PNG

The last episode, Doll Parts, is really well written. The revelation of the murderer is such a nice twist. Haven't got a scifi show this good in a long time. I felt like watching BSG first season again.

I've REALLY enjoyed this season. The Kenya episode in particular, I felt showed a maturity in the writing that a lot of sophomore seasons of shows lack. The call back to the astronaut in the first season felt organic and not like 'hey, remember this, we're reusing stuff'!

Agreed, I loved how Stahma was on the brink of losing it :lol I always wanted to see Lady MacBeth flipping the table. It was very cleverly used with the Ego device in the shoulder of Amanda and referring to it. And I am appalled of how Doc Ywell is literally Dr. Mengele - her dry wit is what I like but her actions are more than atrocious...

I agree, the show has picked up a bit. To be fair, Doc Yewll didn't have any choice when it came to doing what Pottinger wanted her to do (what other option did she have except stay in Camp Revere? What kind of story can be told from that that hasn't already been told?). She's clearly had a few speed bumps on the road to whatever redemption she's seeking.

But the thing that gets me, there hasn't been any additional in-game missions. Yes, we've been given Silicon Valley, but there's nothing else episodic or side mission wise to do (I blew threw all three side missions they had for that map already). I mean, hell, they could have had an episode mission involving Indo-Kenya, but they haven't done it.

Speaking of which, did anyone notice the continuity error between the game and the show?

Here's the Golden Gate Bridge in the game:

468px-O002.jpg

defiance-10.jpg

Here's the Golden Gate Bridge in "Painted from Memory":

tumblr_naevkyL6mU1qc3qsmo2_500.png

Surprisingly, the bridge seen at the end of the episode was actually the original design of the Golden Gate back when the game and show was in preproduction. Seems like there was a failure in communication somewhere:

Defiance_Screenshot.jpg

So, unless they plan on updating the game to include a repaired bridge (which wouldn't surprise me as being Von Bach's doing to insure that those seeking to join his cult on Silicon Island. Having him give the order to rebuild the bridge so that people pilgriming to join him in Silicon Valley can have an easy crossing seems like the very thing he would do).

Attachments

• Defiance_Screenshot.jpg
    Defiance_Screenshot.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 72
I did notice the Golden Gate and felt odd about it, I didn't give it further thoughts though. Good catch.

If they really want to keep supporting the game I think they will correct this in the game some how. Especially if players ask for it.

I liked the Kenya episodes too, the two episodes really gave the Kenya character proper send off (and potential stories with Indo-Kenya!).

I did notice the Golden Gate and felt odd about it, I didn't give it further thoughts though. Good catch.

If they really want to keep supporting the game I think they will correct this in the game some how. Especially if players ask for it.

I liked the Kenya episodes too, the two episodes really gave the Kenya character proper send off (and potential stories with Indo-Kenya!).

A lot of the users are up in arms about the Bridge, but I doubt Trion will do anything about it.

I agree, the Ind-Kenya can open a lot of doors for potential stories, in both the game and the show. Who knows, maybe she'll turn back up in Season 3.

I'm about 4 episodes behind right now so I am avoiding this thread mostly, but I have to say I find myself caring more about what is going on with the Castovans(sp?) than I do about Aryssa and her story. At this point I really do not really care about what happens to "Little Wolf"--I just want to see more white skinned alien debauchery! LOL

I just finished watching the finale. No spoilers, but holy hell, what an incredible episode! If we don't get season 3 after that, I'll be devastated!

I'm about 4 episodes behind right now so I am avoiding this thread mostly, but I have to say I find myself caring more about what is going on with the Castithans than I do about Aryssa and her story. At this point I really do not really care about what happens to "Little Wolf"--I just want to see more white skinned alien debauchery! LOL

Corrected fo you. You're welcome ;)

Someone on Twitter shared this. It was an interview with Robin Williams from last year. Apparently, he was a fan of the show: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Robin-Williams-Watchlist-1069325.aspx
OK, who's cutting onions again?? I hate when someone cuts onions...

I'm just glad to see Joshua Nolan busting out his awesome trench coat again. Only other time he wore it was in the first episode of the season, was afraid they may have ditched it.

If Defiance stops here, I'll still be happy. It's a great show, definitely deserve a 3rd season, but I like how they close up major plots and only leave smaller threads hanging, it shows proper respects for the audience.

kevinericon: No no no, my friend! They'll have to continue… I liked the couple therapy of the Tarrs, very intersting approach, yet so wrong, since the two are the two side of the same medal - Datak's ruthlessness multiplied with Stahma's cunning scheming, that's a combination you can't beat. Second time that Stahma looses it YES!
I liked the whole key thing that was laying out in Season 1 and closed in Season 2. I like the special guest star of Linda Hamilton, man! She looks old, like Terminator 2 alternative end old! Guess either the genes or too many cigarettes… or I haven't seen her on TV since Beauty and the Beast (I watched it with my mom, really!) - okaay, I just looked into IMDB, she did played a lot, but no series I watch :(. I hated that Tommy died, but I think the writers couldn't come up with better and further character development of him, I can guess Berlin is filling up his position, maybe, giving more contra to Nolan, if he's staying in Defiance, I dislike the pairing of Amanda and that pretty-boy (I lost his name), I was like "uuurrgh" when they kissed. And I am totally interesting how the feud witll end with Pilar and the Tarrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back