JFcustom's FOAM files

THX to jfcustoms.

Just finished my Iron man suit :)

IMG-20170226-WA0011.jpgIMG-20170226-WA0010.jpgIMG-20170226-WA0015.jpgIMG-20170226-WA0020.jpgIMG-20170226-WA0025.jpg

For those of you looking for a good foundation for a (foam) muscle suit:

-5 life size (low poly) human body postures by Sasha Meyson
http://www.papercraftsquare.com/5-life-size-human-body-papercrafts-free-download.html

-Several (low poly) Marvel figures by Rafa Cunha/Unfold Brazil (papercraftsquare.com)

-For high resolution models: look for 'Deadpool no mask' or 'deadpool' model on thingiverse.com
.obj and 3D files can be opened with Pepakura Designer

I hope that helps

Thanks, will do. I thought the idea was using thin Foam for curves, thicker for chest Armour etc but will now start considering stiffness as well ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Heya Dave, for thin foam for details or for things like a Captain America/Deadpool/Batman Cowl you can order online A3 here https://www.lincraft.com.au/foam-sheet-pack-d3948a
For full suits and foam that cuts well you can hit up any Reject Shop and buy floor foam https://www.rejectshop.com.au/All-P...ti-Fatigue-Foam-Floor-Mat-1-2x2-3m/p/30008927
and for the best quality floor mats KMart and they have moved them to the sports section now but here they are http://www.kmart.com.au/product/solid-eva-foam-floor-tiles/764887.

For other things named differently like Sintra or Bondo or the best kind of glue etc just let me know and i've probably already foudn the Australian equivalent in Bunnings or somewhere ;)

@Daviddriscoll maybe you use a lot of pressure? I know that the foam you are using isn't the best but if you cut gently and sharpen the blade every 5th cut, it should work. Ask in forums where Australians get their foam.

In Australia;

2mm foam - Spotlight, $2 shops
7mm foam - Ray's Tent City
10mm foam - Kmart
12mm foam - Bunnings, Aldi (when they sell it)

You can buy all sorts of EVA foam from Clark rubber but charge like a wounded bull so try the others first.

This may be a stupid question....but is the Snow White armor designed for a guy or a girl?

Just wondering since in the movie it is a girl's armor, but I'm a dude and this could be a good start for my first foam build (medieval armor).

MJM,with all the gender-bending nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if there was a male version available.I'm sure there's someone that can help you out.
If all else fails,post a request with description and pictures in the "What pepakura files would you like -redux" thread,and maybe Laellee can help you with that.

I'd like to see this cowl tackled, it appears to be smooth like a motorcycle helmet. I'm working on the costume.

batman_gotham_knight_3_costume.jpg

5960_5.jpg

medium_Batman_Gotham_Knight_01.jpg

They did try making a statuette of the design, but as you can see the ears are waaaay off. But you get the idea.

review_bbwgk2_1.jpg

review_bbwgk2_5.jpg

Hi there I was looking to see if you had done a file on the Dawn of Justice Armored Batman? I tried looking through here but could not find one.

Does anyone know where I could find one or of someone making the suit?

For those of you who downloaded Deadpool.obj from Onekura and are planning to make a muscle suit out of it; I just finished putting together the torso and while trying to close the waist,I found out that the sides come up short 2 inches.
Eventhough I scaled the figure to match my height,the proportions are still weird,and I remember the wise words from Laellee somewhere in the past: comic book figures and 3D videogame models are hardly ever anatomically accurate.You'll have to free-hand the gaps in your armour.

For the Space Marine Armor, how should the scaling be done? Do I scale each piece individually to fit, or do I start with something like the chest, and scale everything else by the same amount?

Warhammer armor has a specific aesthetic to it, and with as much foam as it will take, I'd rather not trial and error it.

Last edited:
@Elswares: I once received the advice to scale the armour to match your body,not the other way around.After all,you cannot change your body size.
If the file is a single and complete model/figure,scale it to match your height.If all pieces come separate,scale each piece to match each body part.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back