How do you organize your Silhouette Cameo/XD cutouts?

FWBulldog

I usually only cut a few pieces of pep at a time, with Designer open I use "check corresponding face" and just cut the next piece I need. It's easy to keep the carstock together, I don't lose anything, and I can generally find the next piece pretty quickly.

However, using a Cameo, all the pieces are cut, and I have an organizational challenge. Trying to find some of the long narrow strips (among the 4 trillion long narrow strips that make up the Sharkman pep) is.....interesting.

Anybody else have this issue? How do you stay organized?

I usually only cut a few pieces of pep at a time, with Designer open I use "check corresponding face" and just cut the next piece I need. It's easy to keep the carstock together, I don't lose anything, and I can generally find the next piece pretty quickly.

However, using a Cameo, all the pieces are cut, and I have an organizational challenge. Trying to find some of the long narrow strips (among the 4 trillion long narrow strips that make up the Sharkman pep) is.....interesting.

Anybody else have this issue? How do you stay organized?

I'm attacking your threads! I just stick a piece of masking tape to a sheet protector you use in a binder with what page the parts are from and stick them in there. Granted I had a box of these lying around from when I never used them in college. Amazon.com: Avery Top Loading Non-Glare Poly Sheet Protectors 100 Count (74102): Office Products When I'm done just remove the tape and stick on a new piece for the next project.

I'm attacking your threads! I just stick a piece of masking tape to a sheet protector you use in a binder with what page the parts are from and stick them in there. Granted I had a box of these lying around from when I never used them in college. Amazon.com: Avery Top Loading Non-Glare Poly Sheet Protectors 100 Count (74102): Office Products When I'm done just remove the tape and stick on a new piece for the next project.

Well, at least somebody is reading them. :)

Good idea with the masking tape. Today I bought one of those check sized accordion files. I'll put the page number in the tab, and put the pieces in there until they're needed. That way, I can at least find them according to page number (which narrows it down considerably).

did you put the edge id#'s on them? and use the viewer to match parts?
also if you foam build ou can cut out by hand and dont need to be so specific about cuts.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back