fabric for avengers style thor costume!

grey matter

hey gang!
so i have been on the hunt for fabric for thor for a while now and on a whim i went to kohl's and found something 99% perfect! the fabric i am talking about is the material on the sides of the torso and legs as well as the front of the boots and part of the chest. it is a ribbed material, but not corduroy (to velvety looking). anyway, kohl's had table cloths that are spot on. check it out!

table cloths

Those table cloths are made of really sturdy material so I think it would work really well.

yeah, i bought a larger oblong (rectangular) one and washed it, the fabric is sturdy, but soft, so it won't be uncomfortable for the areas on the torso either. i am thinking it may need to be backed for use on the boots though.

i also did a test swatch with red fabric paint to get a feel for how that would looks for the sides as well and i think it is going to work out nicely, i just got the wrong paint (too shiny)

the indigo color that you can buy for that table cloth looks pretty spot on for what i've seen in his costume. are you using the same material for his cape?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back