Kenner Aliens Powerloader

MFP 2020

Sr Member
On a whim, I bought this on eBay for my kid. I got it for less than 10 bucks (including shipping) and I wasn't expecting accuracy, but it looks like the designer watched the movie once and then tried to recreate the loader from memory.

attachment.php

My kid likes it and I might throw some weathering on it just for kicks, but seriously, Kenner? Treads?

That entire toy line was a giant weird moment just like Kenner's T2 line of toys. The designers watched the films and told to do somethign that is cheap to make and kid friendly. That powerloader looks like a rejected Exo Squad toy design lol.

Actually, it's based on a power loader that was seen in the comic book made by Dark Horse Comics in the late 80's.

If you pose it with the Ripley figure and get the Queen from the playset both from the same line, it actually looks pretty cool.

Actually, it's based on a power loader that was seen in the comic book made by Dark Horse Comics in the late 80's.

If you pose it with the Ripley figure and get the Queen from the playset both from the same line, it actually looks pretty cool.

Yeah. And not to mention the fact this was the 1990s we are talking about, especially the early 1990s. This was before the attention to detail that are common in most of the figures and vehicles now. But I agree, it looks awesome. :)

They didn't want to make that one because it was kinda close to the one from the movie and would of been cool to own....:behave

THIS should be the tag line for so many toy lines including Arcee from the 1986 Transformers cartoon and movie.

Oh man, if they had made the dropship...and if it looked like that, I would have actually KEPT it! As it is, I had one of every figure, vehicle and playset from the line. I only opened a few and then years later I sold off all the MoC, kept the opened stuff (maybe 6 figures, two vehicles and the playset). I ended up giving all my opened stuff to my oldest son EXCEPT the power loader, Ripley and queen/playset.

Believe it or not, if you move the missle launcher on the PL towards the back and pointed vertical, it actually makes it look better...more like the film version.

Believe it or not, if you move the missle launcher on the PL towards the back and pointed vertical, it actually makes it look better...more like the film version.

I believe it. After my Powerloader's laucher ceased to work, that's how I had it pointed.

Hello, necro! I had to dig up this post because today my son talked Mommy into buying him the NECA Xenomorph Warrior so before bed he wanted to play with the alien and the powerloader. I hadn't done anything to it since buying it, but after he went to sleep, I took it outside and gave it a quick dark wash.

Never underestimate the power of the dark wash.

photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

Kenner DID do a Dropship, but you had to Order it off the net. I Know because I have one, and the Micro Machine APC fits snugly in the bay.

Galoob did an "Action Fleet Dropship" to fit their Micromachines APC, sadly Kenner's Dropship never saw production.

$_35.JPG

The closest thing i have to a nice power loader is the statue that came with the special edition of Colonial Marines and it's more fun than the game lol. The wash did do wonders for the kenner lifter, too bad there isn't a way to add legs to it instead of the tank tracks.

I actually found out a while after this post went necro, the power loader, as well as all the action figure designs (both human and alien) was from a failed animated TV cartoon series based off of "Aliens." I found a website that had some screencaps from the series, and the characters exactly matched the line. So, it wasn't Kenner looking at the film and making it closely look like it. It's more like the first series figures from the "Real Ghostbusters" toy line matching the animated show.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back