Captain America Shield Blank

kechalew

I am a complete Newbie to the prop replica world and I am looking information on obtaining an aluminum shield blank for the Captain America Shield and the Star. I get how to paint it and with what specific paints for the movie look. But who specifically do I contact who could find me blank with the correct etched rings? Can anyone help me with a place to start?

There are some options open to you.
We have a member here who provides excellent stars (his username eludes me ATM) and I've seen there is a seller on Ebay that often has blanks listed, there are one or two members here thay have one and would be a good resource to see what the quality is like.
I would suggest searching around here and find all the valuable information the RPF has to offer.

That's cool. And it's close. But I want that I want the brushed aluminum look under the colors. Plus I'm not happy with the edges on that. I have the time and money to be picky so I'll keep looking for just the right blank. I may just ask a machinist for help on the star.

For the steel saucer, you cut the rolled edge off, and use a paint stripping pad on a central pivot to add the brushed texture. Works quite well, actually. But if you aren't on a budget, no reason not to have a blank made yourself :thumbsup

I have the parts now and I am arranging for some time in an automotive paint booth. I'm going to go all out with clear coat as well as the other colors. Will post pictures as I work it out.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back