Pacific Rim

since the voice actress Ellen McClain or McCann who did GlaDoS, got paid work to do this
Seriously ? It really is her voice, GlaDOS like ? It would just be awesome, but I seriously doubt Valve is letting this happening. On the other hand, the Space Core was in Skyrim. Er....

Ayway, the trailer was ****ing great. Yeah, there was some clichés, but it's the kind of clichés I don't mind ( sexy asian chick with a katana ). Very Evangelion-esque movie, but I consider this like a run test : If the movie is successful, then Maccross movies, Evangelion movies or Gundam movies, just to name a few, will be considerer sexy by the powers-that-be. More candies for my eyes. :)

( Oh, and a Portal movie as well. You know. For science. )

Seriously ? It really is her voice, GlaDOS like ? It would just be awesome, but I seriously doubt Valve is letting this happening. On the other hand, the Space Core was in Skyrim. Er....

Ayway, the trailer was ****ing great. Yeah, there was some clichés, but it's the kind of clichés I don't mind ( sexy asian chick with a katana ). Very Evangelion-esque movie, but I consider this like a run test : If the movie is successful, then Maccross movies, Evangelion movies or Gundam movies, just to name a few, will be considerer sexy by the powers-that-be. More candies for my eyes. :)

( Oh, and a Portal movie as well. You know. For science. )
you cant trademark a voice. im not gonna go into the specifics, but thats more or less the consensus

GDT is a huge fan of valve and plays tons of Portal and Left 4 Dead. He confirmed that that is Ellen McLain who voiced Glados in Portal and that for Pacific Rim, her voice went through the same process to make it sound almost identical to Glados.

I'll crap my pants though if we see an aperture logo somewhere in the movie.

I saw the trailer earlier and reviewed it on my blog, but I'll reiterate here.

The CGI of the robots and the monster threw me off. I lost my suspension of disbelief. If the shots were a little more realistic which we know can be done I think it would be better. But the graphics just didn't get me.

Beyond the narration being the same style, tone, and cadence used in Sons of Anarchy, I loved the trailer. I think I'd of let Hunnam use his accent in this one just to keep the narration separate from SOA. It was tough not to see Jax Teller in my noggin' during that trailer.

Only problem is that Charlie Hunnam lost almost all of his accent. If you listen to him in interviews, it's almost gone. You can hear it with certain words but the fact that he's spoken in an American accent for the past 5+ years has taken it away. Hell, my parents sound more English than him and they've been living in Canada for 30 something years.

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/22292-pacific-rim-gets-collectibles.html
NECA doing Pacific Rim toys (guessing figures), apparel. And diorama statues from Sideshow confirmed by Guillermo del Toro.

Had no doubt that NECA was going to get the Pacific Rim license. Now if only they went for the Elysium license as well, I would be more ecstatic. I asked them about it on Twitter, didn't get confirmation. Either ways, NECA will be getting lot of my money this year.

trailer looks awesome. definitely reminds me of robot box vs Godzilla but still so cool. has anyone read the sentinel squad? it's a marvel comic where people pilot sentinels.

Saw the trailer and my son who is 16 said " It looks like Charlie from Ro-Busters." A 1979 strip from 2000ad comic.

ro_busters_04_stor.jpg

I say throw in a dash of Robot Jox and a smidge of Godzilla and we're there.

Director Rian Johnson just tweeted the following about Pacific Rim. He was invited to a early screening and the movie still has FX shots to be completed.

"Go into Pacific Rim prepared to be transmogrified into a 12 year old. And then to pee your pants with joy. I love it so much."

"FX aren't done yet, but the ones that are are gorgeous"

rian_johnson_pacific_rim_tweets.png

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/297856864555790336

NECA Pacific Rim Wave 1 Details - ToyNewsI.com
NECA Pacific Rim Wave 1 Details.

"Opening July 12, 2013 we will have a full line of poseable action figures directly from the film. Figures stand roughly 6" - 8" tall and are created directly from the digital files used by ILM in the making of the movie. Set of 3 includes Gypsy Danger, Crimson Typhoon and Knifehead Kaiju".

Last edited:
I'm disappointed by the 6-8" size of the robots. I was hoping for some big toy robots. At least 12". Maybe neca will release big deluxe robots later...i hope. Or maybe sideshow will handle the big stuff.

Hello Folks

Now seeing that they can do convincing Giant Robots now anyone have any word on projects like Macross??? In any event, I will be sitting there with popcorn and a soda on opening day. Giant Robots fighting Godzilla "like" Monsters ....... HooRAH!!!

DarKev2

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back