HELLBOY mask?

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i am seriously considering doing Hellboy for Halloween and am starting the process of finding a good mask for the big ape. Ive seen amazing costumes for HB here already but i am curious if anyone knows if there's any latex over the head masks for HB? this is just a research thread so i can see whats out there.

I've seen the incredible red skull masks someone here made and something like that would be perfect for the HB look.

Last edited:
Re: anyone make a HELLBOY foam latex mask?

I really don't want to wear this lol

fan-in-hellboy-mask-hellboy-2-the-golden-army-world-premiere-arrivals-adyr5q.jpg

although this new Dark Horse licensed comic HB is nice!

hellboy1.jpg

spent some time researching professional silicone mask makers. found one of "Arnold" and Photoshopped it to see what it would look like.

de6xjn.jpg

any other masks out there?

I did contact the company and they said for a 1 off custom HB mask it would be about 3k.

I'm currently working on a Hellboy costume and have run into the same issue.

Initially, I was going to go with foam latex. I found a face prosthetic that, while not accurate in the slightest to the film, embellished the facial features enough to pass. I was going to couple that with a foam latex bald cap (holy crap those are expensive) and make the horns from scratch.

But my gut told me not to go in this direction. Not only would it have looked nothing like Perlman, but it would have been a PITA to apply.

So now I'm working on doing a silicone Hellboy mask. I'm going to be starting the bust in the next week or two, molding, and casting. If everything works as planned, I expect to make more of them in the future. And I really hope things work as planned, as I already have about $1500 in this costume.

Once I get things rolling, I'll be making a thread about it.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I did find this Youtube video of someone who apparently made a silicone Hellboy mask. Perhaps they are selling copies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUkL1fu4A3Y

thanks for the reply. i did see that mask but have no way of contacting that guy, i spent a while youtube and don't know how to directly message him. that mask is very very awesome.

Im currently debating on whether dropping over 1k for that modified Arnold mask will be worth it. I wish there was a dead on HB mask available. im surprised no one has made any at all.

I photoshoped the side profile of the Arnold mask. I like this a lot but still considering. what you all think?

2lwll6c.jpg

Im currently debating on whether dropping over 1k for that modified Arnold mask will be worth it. I wish there was a dead on HB mask available. im surprised no one has made any at all.

Honestly I don't think it would look right. The nose is all wrong, the forehead above the eyebrows should be more prominent, and the ears aren't pointed.

Hellboy has some very distinct facial features, and I suspect that would end up looking like most of the pictures you see where people put a bald cap on, glue some horns to their forehead, and slap some hair on their face.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back