What to do after the costume pattern?(spiderman suit)

Aris

Hello everyone!

The last days i have been searching a lot to make my own mask. I have decided to create the suit even though i have never tried it. A guy in youtube gave me his spiderman costume pattern for free, but it is not the best (because it is free). I will upload the photo to see how it is. The colours of his pattern look a little bit out and i tried to make them match with the real ones in photoshop but it is not the result i want. Can anyone help me make these colors look better? And after i will finish with colours, what comes next after the pattern is ready? How can i print this onto fabric? I have read for a method called dye sublimation but it seems a little confusing... Can somebody explain this to me?

Thank you.

aristotelis27

This is the blue costume pattern.

aristotelis27

And this is the red costume pattern.

i do not see a possibility to change the color on the blue part. its justtoo dark to get enough contrast to brighten and modify the color.

what you need is the photoshop file for this, wheretheres different layers for color and pattern.

the only alternative i see is making it a red and black suit, with darkening up the bright spots in the black parts.

Did the youtube guy send you those links? Or did he send you the PSD file? If he sent you the PSD, I am willing to take a look at them and see if I can't fix them up to be red and blue.

Shoot me an email at Daywalker80wolf@aol.com

Last edited:
i do not see a possibility to change the color on the blue part. its justtoo dark to get enough contrast to brighten and modify the color.

what you need is the photoshop file for this, wheretheres different layers for color and pattern.

the only alternative i see is making it a red and black suit, with darkening up the bright spots in the black parts.

Exactly. Look, the red one can change color, i tried this an it is ok. But as you said the ''blue'' part is too dark and i don't think that i can do something to change it. Where can i get the photoshop file? Do you know anyone that can sell it to me??. Of course i don't want to make the suit red and black , i want the classic red and blue.

Thanks EyeofSauron for your reply! :)

Did the youtube guy send you those links? Or did he send you the PSD file? If he sent you the PSD, I am willing to take a look at them and see if I can't fix them up to be red and blue.

Shoot me an email at Daywalker80wolf@aol.com

Hello tk1055,

The guy from youtube just sent to my e-mail these two photos. I uploaded to photo bucket to show you guys how the pattern looks. He didn't send me the PSD file he just sent the 2 photos. If i had the PSD file, i would give it to you just to check it out, because i am not that experienced in photshop.

Thanks for your reply Mr. Joker :)

I Gave it a shot recoloring the blue area. The biggest issue is that these seem to be the files that need to be printed on both red and blue colored lycra, instead of coloring on white.

295040_3970817069737_1259807970_33640935_1235231200_n.jpg

Hello tk1055,

The guy from youtube just sent to my e-mail these two photos. I uploaded to photo bucket to show you guys how the pattern looks. He didn't send me the PSD file he just sent the 2 photos. If i had the PSD file, i would give it to you just to check it out, because i am not that experienced in photshop.

Thanks for your reply Mr. Joker :)
you might want to ask him, if he can send you the psd file :)

As for dye sublimation, I used to work in a branding store, one that does custom logo printing, embroidery, etc-got a great Gotham City PD patch that way! Anyway, sublimation is a process where the dye or ink goes right into the fibres of the fabric, not just the surface like an iron-on. It does not come out, and tends to keep its colour. Don't know if it can be done at home, though-you might have to find a company like the kind I worked for.

As for dye sublimation, I used to work in a branding store, one that does custom logo printing, embroidery, etc-got a great Gotham City PD patch that way! Anyway, sublimation is a process where the dye or ink goes right into the fibres of the fabric, not just the surface like an iron-on. It does not come out, and tends to keep its colour. Don't know if it can be done at home, though-you might have to find a company like the kind I worked for.

Looch, thanks man for your informations about dye sublimation! I am sure that this can't be done at home, but i think that here in Greece and especially in Thessaloniki there are not so many companies for this process... Anyway I will check out if there are companies doing this! Thanks again man!

Last edited:
Your best off trying to find a company which prints large flags, as the pattern gets printed onto a single large sheet of lycra, which you then cut and sew together. The printers which they use are very large printers.
Good luck to you.

Your best off trying to find a company which prints large flags, as the pattern gets printed onto a single large sheet of lycra, which you then cut and sew together. The printers which they use are very large printers.
Good luck to you.

Hello carl9149, that's a very good idea man! I will check these companies after the dye sublimation ones! :) Thank you very much !

Well this was a really tough day, but i think I made very big changes on the pattern! I changed the blue color to a more dark in order to match the one of the movie costume. As you can see i have put together the basic blue and red parts of the suit. I will edit the pattern more, but surely not today or tomorrow! As I told you it was a very tough day and one of the factors is that I was working on my laptop and it is more difficult to use photoshop,but never mind! Here is the pattern! Have a good night from greece!

Last edited:
the shading is too light, it should be the other way around. the shades should be darker. you allready have it on the red, but not on the blue. looks kinda weird this way ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back