Jurassic Park Explorer

Defroster lines? Wild! :lol

Seeing the decals for the rearview mirror hang tag wars the cockles of my heart.

Great build :)

-Mike J.

That shine looks great!

If I may ask, what site did you get the monitor screen graphic (the little blue decal with the map)? Because I would really like to use that for my build, just to print it out on a white decal film and light it from behind so it looks like its in use. Any chance you could post her up? :D

That shine looks great!

If I may ask, what site did you get the monitor screen graphic (the little blue decal with the map)? Because I would really like to use that for my build, just to print it out on a white decal film and light it from behind so it looks like its in use. Any chance you could post her up? :D
On here actually, i think in the jp paper props thread. I might have to scale mine down even more after i actually have a dash built.

And yeah it's gonna be the cherry on top with that rear view mirror tag hanging down LOL

Seems like it's almost done but there really is sooo much left to do. Still nice to see it somewhat come together.
DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

It looks awesome and I really like the defrost lines.

I think you could easily get away with the original kit dash by replacing the entire top with a new shelf across the top. By the time you've scratched the center console screen no ones going to notice the newer glove box.

Yeah i'm really thinking the red dash is the way to go since it'll just snap in. The top doesn't seem to be the same on both sides though, like the drivers side is higher. Maybe i can sand it down. The face isn't flat either. Might be easier to make the whole thing from scratch. So tempted to be lazy but i won't

I've picked this interior apart completely, here's a few things i notice that i missed before. One thing i just now noticed is there is no tint on the top of the windshield like the production cars had.
interior2.jpg

Hey don't forget to paint the inner bulkhead tan coloured as well.

I love your build, can I have it? Kidding! If only though, because it's really wonderful looking. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours. :D

This thing's getting chained to the shelf when i'm done LOL not going anywhere! You'll have to post up pics of yours too, i'd like to see a different take on it. Yeah there's a ton of interior painting left to do. I figured the woodgrain is going to be a self made decal when i make the logos for the outside, instead of trying to paint it on and look cheesy.

Decals on finally, I'm pretty happy with them but i might brush paint the inside of the zeros, looks better in person. Finished making the dash, put lenses on the roof lights too.
DSCN0867.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

Hey thanks! Yeah i made the decals myself with paper from micromark. Word to wise put the acrylic clear on a little heavy, i tried a couple light coats and it wasn't enough. I was going to do the 04 with clear paper but didn't want to use an entire sheet just for them. I had to use white for everything else. I'm very happy with quality of these decals, they are very thick but go easy and conform nicely.

I finally finished the interior, got a little lazy leaving the headrests on but didn't want to ruin the seats.
DSCN0896.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back