Official MiB 3 sunglasses.

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
in MiB 1 and two, they used Rayban sun glasses but for the new movie, they are using a generic supplier.
You can purchase them here at this web site for a short time:
MIB 3 (tm) Sunglasses

For those not wanting to spend the big buck on the Raybans, this is the next best thing.

Are we sure these are the same ones as used in the movie...even with the MiB plaque on the temples?

Are you sure?

Tried to add a pair of this to the cart and when i came to PP i could select Sweden. Cannot buy this now, but will try out on Friday

They don't look exactly like the ones J wears in the movie. Plus it looks like K is still rocking the predator 2's. Probably used Rayban but licensed the glasses to some generic company for the extra $$.

It was noted on a prominent sunglasses forum Sony did not sign a deal with Ray Ban this time for the latest movie. the official site is showing no sponsorships at all for this movie.
Men In Black 3: Official Site

Their viral promotions seemed tied to Facebook, Dunkin Donuts and an ARG site. but no direct links from Sony. All promotions by sponsors are separate, which is unusual but seem to be the case for the few on board. I contacted Sony marketing directly to ask and was referred to the site I noted above for the glasses.

You can still find the predator Ray Bans for around $102-115. I would hazard to guess the background characters are most likely going to be wearing modified glasses like the ones from the currently offered site.

I have a pair of Predator 2 sunglasses and THEY are the official glasses of MIB. If the MIB3 glasses aren't sponsored, then I could care less.

Any idea if the plaque can be removed? If those are the right glasses, but without the plaques, then it might be worth it to buy one and make it more accurate. But otherwise, I'll have to pass.

I am still pretty positive that the "licensed" sunglasses are not accurate. I think they used Rayban but just didn't do a promotional partnership with them.

Thanks for the heads up and the link!

Looks like K has the Predator 2s in the promo photos. J and Josh Brolin have two other frames which look to be a bit more similar to the glasses in tripoli's link.

-Carson

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back