The CW's Arrow

its starling city. wtf.

im guessing this is not canon with smallville. or at least i cant figure out the connection. i liked it for what it was, but will keep my judgement until a few eps in

I watched it this morning. I happen to like it so far. Definitely think it's geared more towards adults. I just hope every episode isn't based on him getting revenge against Starling City's criminals. That could get boring really fast.

Did anyone notice that Queens mansion is Lex Luthors' mansion with some tweaks?

Yep, both inside and out.

I thought they were saying Star City last night. I think more people died in last night's episode than in 10 years of smallville :)

I'm guessing the island wasn't deserted. There was the mask on the beach as well as the fact that he was the only thing in the boat when it made the island and somehow he's got a high dollar compound bow while on the island.

I liked it but I want to see if they stay consistent. I enjoyed that they made it more adult oriented more of a vigilante than a hero all bad guys must go to jail style. It is refreshing and they need to keep this edgy style.

Finally got a chance to watch the episode this morning on DVR. Not bad. Not great...but not bad. I'll continue to watch it to see where it goes.

A couple of my observations/opinions...

I could do without the voiced-over exposition from Ollie. Trying to be dramatic, but just written poorly. I'd prefer if it were done with text...like diary entries.

Is this Oliver Queen or Bruce Wayne? Rich father dies, billionaire playboy son inherits the company after returning from years away from home, only to have to resort to a secret vigilante identity to clean up the city. :lol

Is this Oliver Queen or Bruce Wayne? Rich father dies, billionaire playboy son inherits the company after returning from years away from home, only to have to resort to a secret vigilante identity to clean up the city. :lol

lol well it's a DC comics character. What can you expect from the network and source that gave us emo, floppy haired superman? (I couldn't stand Smallville. I tried, but just couldn't)

Still, I'll watch a while longer too

I kind of like how it's kind of in the spirit of the most recent Dark Knight franchise, in that there doesn't really seem to be "super powers," per se, rather just some crazy mad ninja skills and a ton of money to build cool toys. It is kind of tough to swallow that this isn't a spin-off of Smallville, given that it's come out just on the heels of Smallville's end. It would have been nice to see some continuity with the series though, tying in directly with the Green Arrow that we came to know in Smallville.

I kind of like how it's kind of in the spirit of the most recent Dark Knight franchise, in that there doesn't really seem to be "super powers," per se, rather just some crazy mad ninja skills and a ton of money to build cool toys. It is kind of tough to swallow that this isn't a spin-off of Smallville, given that it's come out just on the heels of Smallville's end. It would have been nice to see some continuity with the series though, tying in directly with the Green Arrow that we came to know in Smallville.

On the heels of Smallville's end? I thought that **** ended 2 years ago. lol

Actually, to me it seems more like CW felt they needed a new adult themed 'anchor' series because Supernatural, although it's still good, is probably on its way out in the next year or whatever. It's on its 8th season, so how much longer can they continue to capitalize on it? The network's other shows are very "teen" geared (Vampire Diaries, 90210) that don't seem to attract the same kind of audience.

Arrow is probably their answer for a new adult-character show.

Like Bootlegger, I didn't hate it, but wasn't blown away. Having watched Smallville, I have no interest in a parent-has-a-dark-secret plot. Been there, done that with Lionel Luthor.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back