Young Justice

Riceball

Master Member
Since nobody seems to have started a thread for this yet I figured I would.

So, who hear watches Young Justice and what do they think of it, esp. this second season. I, personally, really enjoy this show and think this season is pretty damn cool. It took me a little while to get used to the time jump but once I got used to it I really enjoyed where they were taking this show. This show sort of reminds me of the old Justice League series but a little more serious and I'd say that it definitely builds on the legacy established by old Batman the Animated Series.

I thought that last week's episode was pretty cool, I really liked seeing the whole Bat family in action together; I think that this was the first time in (animated DC history) that we got to see Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl all working together.

The other thing I like about this show are the subtle tweaks to some of the costumes like Kid Flash and now Night Wing with pauldrons on their shoulders. It's a minor tweak but I like them and I also like their stealth costumes even if they don't entirely make sense, since when do super heroes care about wearing subdued color costumes?

On the subject of last week's episode, since we got to see what happened to one of the missing YJ members I wonder how long it will be before we get to see what happened to Kid Flash, Artemis, and Red Arrow. If memory serves they're still MIA and not a word of happened to them has been mentioned yet, I'm really dying to know what happened to them.

I loved Season One.
Still don't know about Season two. And it's not just the time jump, it's just that it's becoming less Young Justice and more Justice League. I do like the addition of Nightwing, since Tim is my favourite Robin. Hopefully they try to differentiate between Dick/Tim as Robin.

As good as JLU was, my problem was that there were too many characters to focus on and that meant many people sat out episodes or had smaller roles. I liked the core group of Season One, so dunno if I'll find Season two as enjoyable, but I am having fun with it.

It's okay but i still prefer Justice League, Batman the animated series and superman the animated series. JLU was way too crowded compared to the original show. JLU was kinda like Batman adventures that took over for the animated series: it was good but not what it used to be.

I loved Season One.
Still don't know about Season two. And it's not just the time jump, it's just that it's becoming less Young Justice and more Justice League. I do like the addition of Nightwing, since Tim is my favourite Robin. Hopefully they try to differentiate between Dick/Tim as Robin.

As good as JLU was, my problem was that there were too many characters to focus on and that meant many people sat out episodes or had smaller roles. I liked the core group of Season One, so dunno if I'll find Season two as enjoyable, but I am having fun with it.

The time jump did create a bit of a JL:U feel for me but I'm liking the way they're doing it so far and so far I don't feel like it's too much JL, I rather like how the two teams are working together more. I like how the Young Justice team has become something of a companion team and a way of training young heroes and less of a team for sidekicks and second to the Justice League. They're no longer being baby sat by members of the JL nor are they receiving their marching orders from them either. I'm also liking how they're building on what they did last with The Light and all, I can't wait to see how that develops in the end.

I quite like the direction they are taking this, the only thing that I'm upset about is the title change messed up my dvr and I missed they first three eps. this season while I was out of state on training TDY.

I have the first season on DVD, and can't wait for the rest to come out. Hopefully it will last longer than two seasons like JL and JL:U did.

Love the show, I can't wait to see more... Still curious on what happend to Kid Flash/Artemis.

Same here, them along with Red Arrow/Speedie are the remaining MIAs, given that we got to see what happened to Aqualad last week I'm betting that they're not forgotten and we'll get some sort of backstory before long. One thing that we know for certain, they didn't "graduate" and join the Justice League like Rocket and Zartana did.

I'm just starting to get into this, haven't quite sorted out what I think of it. But since I'm coming in as a longtime B:TAS and JL fan, I'm pretty sure I'll be digging it more and more.

In case anyone missed the most recent episode, we finally got see what happened to Wally, Artemis, & Red Arrow.

Wally, & it seems Artemis as well, are retired from the super hero thing and are living together and, apparently, living a normal life. Red Arrow, more correctly the clone, is on the rocks sort of and obsessively trying to track down the original Speedy and at some point during the 5 year jump, married Cheshire and had a kid with her.

All in all pretty interesting reveal but it makes you wonder if we'll see more of Wally & Artemis because I'm pretty certain we'll see more of Red. I also wonder who the new bad is and how did Sports Master get involved him since it was sort of hinted that he was dead.

It's an interesting development, but every time they throw a left turn into the story, I keep hearing M. Night Shyamalan from Robot Chicken. "What a twist!" And there are SO MANY of them...

I thought that last week's episode was pretty cool, I really liked seeing the whole Bat family in action together; I think that this was the first time in (animated DC history) that we got to see Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl all working together.

There were a couple episodes of B:TAS after the refresh that had Batgirl, Robin, and Nightwing together, and I believe an episode of The Batman (one of the best episodes of the series, actually).

I love this show. I'm behind an episode. For some reason Comcast hasn't put it up yet.

I hate it when that happens, I had a similar problem with Legend of Korra last weekend, it either didn't air or my DVR didn't bother trying to record it. Anyway, it was a good episode, nothing Earth shattering but it did re-introduce us to some "old friends", it also featured and all-girl Alpha squad made up of Wonder Girl, Batgirl, M'gan, and Bee. It also had a B-story that featured Blue Beetle that sort of tied in with the A story and hinted at part of the bigger overall plot.

The thing that I found interesting and sort of liked the most of this episode was M'gan, it seems that she's done a lot of growing up in the past 5 years and she no longer holds back. She's much more aggressive with her powers now and, for lack of a better term, more vicious when using them.

Last edited:
I loved Season One.

I'm with minder on this one. The team is way to big and feels like a JL clone. Plus with so many characters they don't feel like a real team that actually has to work together and learn to trust one another. Plus I really don't like what they did to aqualad and wally & artemis for that matter. I think the only good thing in season 2 is the new night wing costume which is bad ass.

I agree about the team being to big. In the comic series it was just a group for a few of the younger hero's to hang out. Originally it was only Superboy, Robin and Impulse. It has definitely become a Jr. JLA

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back