Inexpensive 5 days built ►Foam Iron Man Mk IV◄

Re: Inexpensive 5 days built Foam Iron Man Mk IV

When selecting "english" on fourth link above, they call that "Rivets variable distance - automatic buttons"...
More details on how they operate : here.

No way to order them by airmail ??

Great stuff, did you do any angled cuts on the edges of the seperates pieces in e.g. the helmet?

Yeah looks like they aren't available for order here, I will try to find something here in the states maybe

Sigma-signalisation allow worldwide shipping, but they need to be contacted by email before evaluating costs. 100 pieces is weightless, it should not be ruinous.

Great stuff, did you do any angled cuts on the edges of the seperates pieces in e.g. the helmet?
I did on almost every cuts. And often on both sides. The helmet was the very first part, thus it's the more unsuccessful. Moreover it's much too large, it has to be remake.

It's right.
1- I cut all parts up at roughly 90°
2- I meticulously tweak each edge with its neighbor right before joining them, keeping a magnified pepakura 3D view on screen.

I'll post an example and pics soon.

Magnificent work. Have to give this a try. Thanks for all the background information.

Wow Jf, this is absolutely breathtaking!!!! Im seriously speechless. Every day i come on the RPF and i find members like you breaking new boundaries.

I really must tip my hat to you.

Now, at the risk of sounding cheeky are you considering doing the same with the War Machine files? I finished a war machine but it got completely wrecked and i dont wana go through all that time again. Also would you consider doing the female iron man that somebody created?

536449_10150841235228553_633172728_n.jpg

Its only the front, back and cod area so far (built by someone on the 405th), I could happily email you the files if its something you'd be interested in.

Sure I am ! I've just done one hour ago the foam version of Iron Man Extremis Pepakura Files
Im_extremis_th.jpg

and was working on the Ultimate foam suit :
Im_ultimate_th.jpg

(release will be posted here)

I can pick up WM files around here (although I don't like the war machine armor), and please YES I would be glad to unfold an Iron Woman from helm to boots ! Feel free to send me the whole package, it will be done as soon as possible (it does not mean soon, but almost).

Last edited:
Re: Inexpensive Foam Iron Man Mk IV, french labeled.

I am looking everywhere for these clips in the US do these have a particular name?

They're screw posts (They have many names actually, that's just one of them)

You can get them at any hardware store, but I haven't found plastic ones yet, just metal.

Last edited:

What glue did you use ?

I have seem many foam builds with hotglue but living in Arizona that would fall apart the moment I stepped outside

You could also try googling "chicago screws" these are what i used for my ironman elbows, you can get different lengths.

Re: Inexpensive Foam Iron Man Mk IV, french labeled.

They're screw posts (They have many names actually, that's just one of them)

You can get them at any hardware store, but I haven't found plastic ones yet, just metal.

Those "screw posts" remind me of the plastic buttons that kept the body work together on a Fiero.

About to start my own 5 day build thanks to you and Darkseid's work. I really appreciate the shared efforts of you guys.

Awesome work and tips man.. I'll be waiting for the war machine edited!!:) looking forward to your tips on cutting the foam.. keep it up man:)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back