BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

I ordered mine in a local store from a friend here in Spain. Good price (cheaper than buying the DeLorean in SideShow webpage and paying shipping + taxes). I know it has some flaws, but I'm sure some people will help with them. I'd be cool if someone makes a Mr.Fusion prop in scale, and a set of metallic plates (outatime and barcode), so we can have DeLorean from movies 1/2 (with the lack of hover wheels, but I prefer to display .the car in the ground and not flying). Also, I'll had some wires that this model is lacking.
My car will arrive on March-April, so I hope everything is ok :-D Thanks for the detailed photos of the Hot Toys DeLorean!!!

I ordered mine in a local store from a friend here in Spain. Good price (cheaper than buying the DeLorean in SideShow webpage and paying shipping + taxes). I know it has some flaws, but I'm sure some people will help with them. I'd be cool if someone makes a Mr.Fusion prop in scale, and a set of metallic plates (outatime and barcode), so we can have DeLorean from movies 1/2 (with the lack of hover wheels, but I prefer to display .the car in the ground and not flying). Also, I'll had some wires that this model is lacking.
My car will arrive on March-April, so I hope everything is ok :-D Thanks for the detailed photos of the Hot Toys DeLorean!!!

Speaking of adding wires...
.... I've decided to start working on converting my part 1 car to a part 3. I figure why wait. By the time my second DeLorean comes in, I'll be knee deep into this project. I started simple. I added more wires. Specifically more red and yellow as seen in the third film. The pics below show before and after.
BEFORE:
image.jpg
AFTER:
image.jpg

Night and day difference really. But, that's just the tip of the iceberg. As the interior is seriously lacking wiring and cable. Little by little I'll get there.
As for updates on my progress, I will soon post a new thread.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm planning on doing that too when the car arrives. Adding wires on the outside and the inside of the car. It could be great if we can make a thread about the improvement that can be done to the Hot Toys car. Thanks a lot for the photos.

I'm planning on doing that too when the car arrives. Adding wires on the outside and the inside of the car. It could be great if we can make a thread about the improvement that can be done to the Hot Toys car. Thanks a lot for the photos.

i'd to see a thread on mods done to the hot wheels Delorean time machine! :)

Wow, looks awesome in the photos despite the flaws, I have this on preorder, cost way more than I wanted to pay for it, but I couldn't say no. A mod thread for the model would be awesome!!

Well it has begun. I just started on the lightning hook for my hot toys DeLorean.
I'm just getting the basics out of the way before I start getting serious with the cable, brace, and colors.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

...hours later I'm down to this. I'm almost done with the lightning hook. I need to dull down the shine on the braided cable, plus I need to make a plug for the end of the cable line to plug in. Besides that, it's about complete.
The only thing that messed with my head is the bends on the hook it self...
...After watching the same scenes over and over again and the few best screen shots I could get. It looks like two different hooks were used. Unless the ugly game of angles took course.
Either way, here are the photos.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 62
dying to see the desert car, to be honest its my favorite version. last ditch effort to save doc and get back to the future, the car was all damaged and beat, looked real used. i loved it

dying to see the desert car, to be honest its my favorite version. last ditch effort to save doc and get back to the future, the car was all damaged and beat, looked real used. i loved it

Yea, I'm looking forward to permanently dirty up the second car.
But I'm not looking forward to do the hood box, as that will be my tough one. At least there is plenty of references to recreate one from scratch.
No, I'm leaving the easy part for last.
That's right, the finishing touch if you will...
...the arrow on the side of the car!

Yep, it'll all make sense when it's complete.:cool

I finally got started on my hood box for my part 3 DeLorean conversion. I used bass wood along with some glue, tiny nails, and stain to get to this point.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Tomorrow I'll start on the old Pepsi-cola logo decals I need to make, along with the 4 metal handles that need to be installed. I will be making the leather belts that hold this box to the hood, since I couldn't find anything close or decent.

...hopefully by next week I'll have half of the components made.

Thanks for your kind words!

...So far most of the parts are made by hand out of wood. There's a couple of parts that I have had to use my imagination to finish them. No matter how many reference photos I have, there are some parts I have no clue what they are or look like indefinitely. So as said before, this won't be as accurate as the real thing, but it will get close. Now that I think of it, the ILM model used in part three had the same issue. The box was close but not entirely accurate. So I guess that relieves pressure. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back