BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

yat ming made some black ones , seems theyre all sold out

some others on ebay that you could take apart and repaint

item 130841120320 on ebay for example

I will try to reproduce that movie scene with the 1/18 scale Ford Convertible model from my collection. I'm really excited to see how difficult it is to make realistic manure. :D
Nice, I look forward to that Roland. Hopefully it will not be slimy :).

Not sure if it's possible to identity the manure truck model. If you can track it down, then perhaps you can re-create a bigger diorama set along with the Ford.

I don't like this comiclook...

They do the same with jurassic park, it couldn't be so hard to make a good 1:18 metal model of the Ford Explorer and the jeep, why it have to be like this calles shakems?!? :facepalm

Am I the only one excited about the silicon molds you can see in one of the pics? I can now have BTTF ice and chocolate treats. :)

Nice, I look forward to that Roland. Hopefully it will not be slimy :).

Not sure if it's possible to identity the manure truck model. If you can track it down, then perhaps you can re-create a bigger diorama set along with the Ford.

Here are two screen shots of the truck. Maybe there's a car expert who can identify the truck.

A funny trivia: the "D. Jones" sign is attached on different places in both scenes. It's obviously the same truck, just the sign has moved.

attachment.php

According to IMCDB, it's a 1947 Chevrolet 4100 and that same truck was used in the sequel. Check the following pages and go through the comments where they confirm it. Looked up for its model car, didn't find anything yet.

IMCDb.org: 1947 Chevrolet 4100 in "Back to the Future, 1985"

IMCDb.org: 1947 Chevrolet 4100 in "Back to the Future Part II, 1989"

A funny trivia: the "D. Jones" sign is attached on different places in both scenes. It's obviously the same truck, just the sign has moved.
Nice catch, never noticed that before.

you can get 1/18 chevy 3100 pick ups ..would need to remove the pick up bed and scratch make the wooden manure box, and the wheel base should be longer

theyre very similar , the 4100 bit meant they could haul more weight but the bodys were close from 47-53

Cool, thanks for confirming that Steve. Going to add that to my future to-buy items list. Currently seem to be available at around $30+.

According to IMCDB, it's a 1947 Chevrolet 4100 and that same truck was used in the sequel. Check the following pages and go through the comments where they confirm it. Looked up for its model car, didn't find anything yet.

IMCDb.org: 1947 Chevrolet 4100 in "Back to the Future, 1985"

IMCDb.org: 1947 Chevrolet 4100 in "Back to the Future Part II, 1989"

you can get 1/18 chevy 3100 pick ups ..would need to remove the pick up bed and scratch make the wooden manure box, and the wheel base should be longer

theyre very similar , the 4100 bit meant they could haul more weight but the bodys were close from 47-53

Thank you both for the informations. :)

Hot Toys answers question (#15) about their BTTF figures. Still hoping to see a preview this year.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...391.1073741919.138228759572456&type=1&theater

970306_536896109705717_1440805199_n.jpg

Few other updates from Tyler who is the Art Director at Factory Entertainment. He posted this back in March 2013 on the Sideshow Collectors forum thread.

"Hi All..

Oh man - I have some damage control to do here

My name is Tyler and I am the new Art Director at Factory Entertainment. I started right after Toy Fair. (For some background, I sculpted a few of their upcoming replicas as a freelancer - like the Creature From The Black Lagoon Fossil hand, and the upcoming Wolf Man cane...)

Anyhow - Everything we showed at Toy Fair Shakem wise were First draft sculpt prototypes. Literally, many of them it was the first time WE had even seen them. Since then, extensive sculptural revisions have been sent to the artists (albiet, some needed more than others) and I have personally undertaken resculpting a lot of the facial likenesses.

And I mean, I get it - There are limitations to what we can get with a product like this. Im a collector too so, ya... I understand people who collect sideshow and hot toys saying they arent for them. But just so you dont write them off based on first appearances, know that we are working on getting them as good as we can (and I mean that sincerely as a fan and sculptor)

You can always email me at tyler@factoryent.com as well if you want any updates or have a question or really anything!

Thanks everyone.

Tyler"

Another question posted by one of the members there.

tbay said:
Are Marty and doc going to be in the same scale as your princess bride shakems? I'd be interest in picking them up if the heads were 1/6 scale

That is if the sculpts are revised to capture more likeness

tylerh said:
Hi tbay -

No they are actually scaled more proportionately.. Like not so much "big bobble head" and more 6" scale size. I actually just resculpted Marty's face a few days ago :)

Back to the Future action figures

Some pics of the official Back to the Future action figures from Funko and Super7 launching later this year have been made available:

Marty McFly (1985)
Doc Emmett Brown (1985)
Biff Tannen (1955)
George McFly (1955)

A bit of a step up from the Kubricks, Minimates and LEGO Minifigures, but still not the most accurate resemblance to the original actors. I guess that’s down to the “retro Kenner style” but I’m sure they could’ve made them look a bit more similar. It looks like they still have a few nice details though… :cool

I am digging it and I am planning to buy all these BTTF figures along with the other movie lines in the ReAction series from Funko.

These figures are a throwback to the retro look of figures from the 70s/80s which back then didn't have much actor likeness either.

We can expect actor likeness in the $200 figures from Hot Toys next year.

And when a toy company decides to make 6" figures with actor likeness, we can expect those BTTF figures in the $20 range.

Wow. How long have I wanted a 3.75" Doc and Marty...

"Subject to final licensor approval"

Lets hope so. Do not approve!

They look like cartoon character action figures. Like if Doc and Marty did a guest spot on Droids or Ewoks. The sculpts are not even close to the quality of ReActions own Alien figures.

Plus they photoshopped the OUTATIME plate onto the front of the DeLorean on the package. Perfect.

I don't see a point to action figures if they don't even remotely look like the characters. That marty is terrible. So far i'm not impressed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back