Supernatural Impala changes/upgrades in season finale of ''Survival of the Fittest."

mpick67

So as many Supernatural Fans may know, the Impala hasn't been in the show very much these pasts episodes. The reason for this was because they (Supernatural Crew) were upgrading the Impala with a new engine and $30,000 worth of upgrades. Tonight I was able to grab a few screen shots of the upcoming season finale of ''Survival of the Fittest."

Here are the noticeable changes in the Impala:

Tinted Windows
and tinted upper windshield.

Before:
mirror.jpg

P1014720.jpg

Impala-5x10-metallicar-9500599-1280-720enhanced-1.jpg

After:

Capture-1.jpg

windowbroke2.jpg

tinted upper windshield:

impalaone.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Supernatural Impala changes/upgrades in season finale of ''Survival of the Fittes

Don't know if I like the tint to be perfectly honest, but that's just my opinion. Great to see it back in black! How's you sweet ride coming along MPick64. Any plans to do the same?

Re: Supernatural Impala changes/upgrades in season finale of ''Survival of the Fittes

tint may or may not be a change in the show. They do already have one that's tinted so when stunt drivers are driving you don't see the drivers as well. Plus looks like they're shooting oujt a window..so maybe that was just that particular vehicle they grabbed. Have to watch the whole episode and next seasons to see if that feature stays or not.

Lol at glass on the roof of the impala in the first image where the window is still intact.

Don't know if I like the tint to be perfectly honest, but that's just my opinion. Great to see it back in black! How's you sweet ride coming along MPick64. Any plans to do the same?

I agree, I can't say that I really like the tinted windows just yet, but I'll have to watch the episode and see how I feel about it. Also, this could just be a one episode thing like the crazy wheels they put on the Impala when the Leviathons cloned them. We'll have to wait and see. :love

Wow! Nice Impala! Never seen the show though, but now I will!
Looks to be a nice 67 Impala. I just got a red 68 Impala but from these pics, I think now I will paint it black and make it a replica of this 67.
Thanks for this post!:thumbsup

@SupernaturalFan, the glass is on the roof in that shot because it crashed through a glass display. The Levi's started firing at Meg afterward, which is why the other windows shatter.

This Impala is indeed the stunt one, as it peels out and does some swerves in the parking lot before crashing through a display. Then it cuts and Meg gets out.

All in all, I think it's just because of the stunt driving, not a permanent feature.

-R/C

I loved the scene with all the close-ups from the impala. but it hurted me a bit to see the impala crashing through the display!

Why exactly did it take them more than half a year to do upgrades that should take a few weeks at most?

@Shadow:

I think it was more than just upgrade time. They may have been refurbishing all their Impalas but I believe it just became convenient due to the plot and them hiding the car for so long. Was a nationwide APB out on it anyway.

Hey Guys & Girls,

Here's the deal on the Impala. They wrote the car being gone in the stories because they wanted Dean & Sam really to be left with nothing (their old stand bys if you will) so they lost Dean's Baby, Bobby's House, Bobby and Castiel (in a weird sort of way). Since the car was going to be off the show for awhile they decided to give the car it's upgrade......:love

ONLY the HERO car was given this upgrade (which cost 20K). If you can go back and watch the last episode you will notice the car has a ton more power and tork....:cool Now when it comes time for the car to get crashed in the sign it a CAPRICE and NOT the Impala......:$ Here are some photos of the car getting wrecked once again....:sick

View attachment 95342

View attachment 95343

View attachment 95344

As you can see she's a Caprice as they are not going to tear up a REALLY NICE CAR just for the show.....:rolleyes

Thanks for the inside scoop :)....glad to see the car is back in the show. Still yet to see season 7

I was told that the caprice is the exact same body as the impala. .of course they wouldnt crash the Hero car, but one of its many doubles. .
and actually the Caprice had a few more extra's and was a nicer car than the Impala, I was told only the interior and the back tail lights are different
is this wrong?

I was told that the caprice is the exact same body as the impala. .of course they wouldnt crash the Hero car, but one of its many doubles. .
and actually the Caprice had a few more extra's and was a nicer car than the Impala, I was told only the interior and the back tail lights are different
is this wrong?

To a point. Yes, the body styles were the same, but before you modify the Caprice to more closely resemble the Impala, there are several differences in trim, bumpers, tail lights, headlights, roof styles, door panels, dash trim, etc. So while very similar cars, the Impala is still its very own :D

Watch this video by our very own projectthx138:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhgSr4MXZpY

is this wrong?
EXACT same car....just different trim (inside and out) and interior door panels....horn cap and little things like that...but the car itself....the body..ITS EXACTLY THE SAME CAR.

EXACT same car....just different trim (inside and out) and interior door panels....horn cap and little things like that...but the car itself....the body..ITS EXACTLY THE SAME CAR.

I know about these:

Side trim, Type and location
Front Seat
Door Panels
Rear Bumper Ends
Tail light Lens

But I did not know about the horn cap. Is there anything else I am missing?

Found a Parts Car for my 67 4dr hardtop Project. . its a 67 Impala 4dr sedan with post. .but with the original 327 and Transmission, Trim etc. .
I also mistakenly bought two beautiful interior door panels from a 1967 2 door Impala, they had been stored for the past 30 years in a attic in New York.
I got excited and bought them, had them shipped, and then to by big disappointment I realized they wouldnt fit a four door. . ( big DUH on my part)
I thought the front doors were the same and they just added back doors. . but of course, no one paid me to think. LoL
anyway if anyone is doing a 2 door version and needs doors panels, im your guy. There are also some various parts on the parts car that I may not be using. .
is there anyone who has redone these that have switched the original engines out? My buddy was telling me this long story about leaded gasoline and the valve seats getting eaten up by the new gas and how 327's were not as desireable as a 350 . So, could any of you guys shed any light on the engine situation with these 327's, thanks guys.115_3674.JPG115_3712.JPG115_3716.JPG115_3721.JPG115_3692.JPG115_3693.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back