My AP armour

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk7209 @ Jan 26 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]1405333[/snapback]</div>
I had some small 20mm speakers which I fixed into pepsi bottle tops and fixed them to my areators. To stop feedback I covered the caps and the area of my lid around the microphone with Dynamat Extreme, which is a sticky backed sound suppressing material. Absolutley no feedback even with the volume cranked up full and the speakers were suprinsingly powerful for their size :)
[/b]

i would LOVE to see pics of that.

and any info regaurding where to/how to... B)

sounds awesome.

Thanks JTKenobi. Take your time and do it slowly thats all.. Think 3 steps ahead with everything you do on it and you will be fine. Buy hand clamps at Lowes.. lots of hand clamps.(for glueing)

And dont over trim it at first. Its impossible to put it back on.... ya know what I mean?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blastech @ Jan 28 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]1406713[/snapback]</div>
Thanks JTKenobi. Take your time and do it slowly thats all.. Think 3 steps ahead with everything you do on it and you will be fine. Buy hand clamps at Lowes.. lots of hand clamps.(for glueing)

And dont over trim it at first. Its impossible to put it back on.... ya know what I mean?
[/b]

Quick question about the AP kit.....to get the $40 holster and $9 gloves or not to get the $40 holster and $9 gloves? The gloves I guess are no big deal, but I only want to get the holster if it's worth it. Is it decent? Are the gloves decent? Should be making the plunge in the next couple weeks.
Advice, as always, appreciated :)

JTKenobi,

Don't know about AP's holster and gloves mate, as I didn't purchase either. Already had my holster and gloves from my old armour.

When it comes to gloves, you can get very cheap black rubber ones from any decent hardware store, or get some nomex gloves as a lot of troopers do, although they are a tad more expensive. Holsters are easy to get hold of at various places on the net, or you could make one yourself ;)

Cheers, Gord.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK8410 @ Mar 2 2007, 12:34 AM) [snapback]1429795[/snapback]</div>
JTKenobi,

Don't know about AP's holster and gloves mate, as I didn't purchase either. Already had my holster and gloves from my old armour.

When it comes to gloves, you can get very cheap black rubber ones from any decent hardware store, or get some nomex gloves as a lot of troopers do, although they are a tad more expensive. Holsters are easy to get hold of at various places on the net, or you could make one yourself ;)

Cheers, Gord.
[/b]

Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess I will need to find out more about/get more pics of the original holsters. Can anyone else chime in on the holster?

Also, I know that I will probably need a Dremel. There are 4 different versions at Walmart that range in price from $15 to $79. Does anyone recommend a particular one? I don't think I need the most expensive one, but I want it to be sufficient for this and future projects as well. What do you guys use?

I use a multipro variable speed dremel. Having the variable speed is really worth the extra cash in my opinion. They also make an economy variable speed dremel the 300, and it's only 40 bucks.

what does AP stand for? I know its probably the initials of its maker, can someone please PM me so I understand? thanks

The screen accurate gloves are pretty uncomfortable to wear. I'd go for an alternative unless you like extremely sweaty hands. The holster is pretty easy to make by yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JTKenobi @ Mar 3 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]1430443[/snapback]</div>
There are 4 different versions at Walmart that range in price from $15 to $79. Does anyone recommend a particular one? I don't think I need the most expensive one, but I want it to be sufficient for this and future projects as well. What do you guys use?
[/b]

definatly buy one with the flexible pen extension, i don´t know the name for it... :$
this:

dre225.jpg

:lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoCKo @ Mar 4 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1431462[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JTKenobi @ Mar 3 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]1430443[/snapback]
There are 4 different versions at Walmart that range in price from $15 to $79. Does anyone recommend a particular one? I don't think I need the most expensive one, but I want it to be sufficient for this and future projects as well. What do you guys use?
[/b]

definatly buy one with the flexible pen extension, i don´t know the name for it... :$
this:

:lol
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the repsonse. That's the $79 dollar one. I figured that's the one to get. I heard that tin snips followed by an Xacto and sandpaper may be sufficient so I may actually try to go without the Dremel but we'll see.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back