Doctor Who - Tom Baker's S17 Frock Coat/Costume

Thanks! So I made a waistcoat for my Jack Sparrow costume way back, so I'm more familiar with the process, which is a nice change from all the new territory. I got pretty far on it today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/NinjaRisu/DSC03262_zps453c2981.jpg

I just need to set the pockets and then I can finish it in about an hour or two. I'm thinking of cutting a 1" strip of collar canvas that I can use as a form for the belt. That first one was a pain to press and it still came out a little wiggly. If I shove the canvas in there and then iron it, it should come out nice and crisp.

nice work. Where did you get the plaid fabric? It's a near perfect match as far as I can see, but I cannot find anything close, even online.

nice work. Where did you get the plaid fabric? It's a near perfect match as far as I can see, but I cannot find anything close, even online.

update: I fond this... seems spot on.

http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1768129

tom_vest3_shop_thumb.jpg

Similar, but not right. I got the printed velvet from a group run. Looking to upgrade at some point for better saturation and weight.

I thought this would be fun. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I got exactly one screen accurate button from my girlfriend when she dug through her huge box of buttons. Since then I've been searching everywhere for more. Over the years, I've out together an interesting collection. I have a LOT of each of these, except just the one of the screen accurate ones.

Also, my friend Alex, also known as The Ginger Doctor, knit me this flawless City of Death scarf. It's accurate to an insane level of detail. Now I just have to get back to work on the coat.

There's a spoonflower print to get it on faux suede now (not the one above), but the color saturation isn't the best. My printed velvet stuff was from a group run.

Actually, all that's left to do on this coat is the button holes, which will be done in about an hour. I'm wearing the costume this weekend and I'll hopefully have pictures next week.

Stuff happened and the button holes aren't done yet. They'll either be done right before leaving in the morning, or I'll wear it without them for now. We also have to trim the wig.

The Ronin, I received a pattern from PBS way back when. I think it was an official BBC pattern they sent out with a certain pledge level. Mum knitted one for me and it looks fantastic. I'll try to find the pattern if you are interested.

Alex's scarves are hands down the best. I didn't even get the most accurate options because of my own color preferences and not wanting it to look broken in. He's made his pattern off of the real scarf, which another fan bought a while back.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back