Movie Nick Fury - How old is he?

Here, Agent Coulson says he's 800 years old.... gee, that's Yoda's age:

Clark Gregg Talks "Agent Coulson" At 'The Avengers' Premiere - YouTube

As the movie is based more on the Ultimates universe, Nick was "created" on an earlier Super Soldier type program, which would place him at about WW2 era, right?

How's this 800 years old thing possible?

If I recall correctly he has always been a WW2 vet.. I think he's around 65..? (In mid 90s comics and cartoons.) I'm curious about this too since there is going to be a Cap 2 which I believe has DumDum.. which makes me question a lot of ages..

The 616 Fury and the 1610 Ultimates "movie" universe Fury he is around 80. He was born around 1920 in Hell's kitchen NY. The US army arrested him after an invasion of Sicily and used him in Project Rebirth in trying to create a super soldier like "subject 22" which was Captain America. So in theory both Fury and Rogers had the Super Soldier Serum consumed around the same time frame.

Just to clarify, the Avengers and the Marvel Movie Universe is not based on the Ultimate series.

There are similarities to the movies and both the 'regular' Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe - but, it is its own thing. Yes, the Ultimate Universe Nick Fury is based on Sam Jackson - but, one doesn't have to look far to see that other aspects of the movies have just as much - if not more in common with the regular old Marvel U.

To say the movies are based on the Ultimates is just plain wrong.

Instead of using "your wrong", ill say I disagree and start off with my opinion. Based doesn't mean it's scene for scene exactly the same. A movie "based" on true events is not neccessarly exactly like the original. Instead of saying based then I'd say it's heavily influenced off Ultimates. The alien invasion, the entire "putting a team together" with SHIELD and Sam Jackson, oops I mean Nick Fury who was drawn in his likeness, leading the charge. Hollywood defiantly used Ultimates as a canvas.

Instead of using "your wrong", ill say I disagree and start off with my opinion. Based doesn't mean it's scene for scene exactly the same. A movie "based" on true events is not neccessarly exactly like the original. Instead of saying based then I'd say it's heavily influenced off Ultimates. The alien invasion, the entire "putting a team together" with SHIELD and Sam Jackson, oops I mean Nick Fury who was drawn in his likeness, leading the charge. Hollywood defiantly used Ultimates as a canvas.

Definitely*

And I agree, based on the costumes and some of the storyline I too believe they used Ultimates as a base. Or at least to say they used it as a platform to build another modern vision.

You only have to look at the origin of each of our main heroes to see they are very radically different in the movie as compared to their Ultimate counterparts. Yes, the core of each hero remains the same - however, just about everything that made the Ultimate version of these heroes different from their Marvel Universe counterpart is different.

Correct if me if I'm wrong, but I believe The Ultimates were first summoned together to battle the Hulk - not the Chitauri. The team then assembled to battle the shape shifting Chitauri (with the help of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?).

Outside of Sam Jackson/Chitauri, I don't think the Ultimates was used as a canvas at all. Even the basis of the alien race was changed dramatically (Whedon and crew could've used any name for this alien race)... and the inclusion of Loki takes right back to Avengers #1.

I just think saying The Avengers movie is based on The Ultimates is wrong. There are some similarities - but I think there are just as many, if not more similarities to the original Marvel U. I really don't think The Ultimates is something they sat next to the script and consulted with or actively based what's going on in the Marvel Movie U on.

Plus in IM2 Nick mentions to Tony that Tony's dad Howard and Nick knew each other personally, and worked together on building S.H.I.E.L.D., take Tony being in his early to mid 40's, if Nick and Howard worked together before Howard Death when tony was a kid, Nick should be in his late 60's early 70's

Hes younger then the Beatles....Yet older then The Rolling Stones....The Pirate Movie.. says it all...:darnkids

And he was a lot more of the Caucasian Persuasion.

Sgtfury.jpg

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stan Lee has described the series Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos as having come about due to a bet with his publisher, Martin Goodman that the Lee-Kirby style could make a book sell even with the worst title Lee could devise.

I read the white guy comics and now can't get use to the Jackson based one.

Sgt_Fury_and_his_Howling_Commandos_Vol_1_13.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back