Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

Thanks. I hope to finish the 1955 skateboard while I'm home. The 30th anniversary skateboard and Clock88 hoverboard are great.
That will be fun! Looking forward to seeing your 1955 board finished. :)

I decided to do a few changes to my board. I had a spare skateboard in my shed, so changed some of the black parts that came on my board from Madrid and replaced them with silver ones. Just to try and get it a little more accurate.
IMG_4433.JPGIMG_4435.JPG

Kingpin swapped for silver, along with the bushing washers and lock nut. Looks a little better now.
IMG_4437.JPG

Also I got some NOS 4 1/2'' z-flex flat bottom copers on ebay, not sure if these are exactly right, but they are flat bottom and look so much better than the curved ones.

IMG_4426.JPGIMG_4427.JPG

I removed the z-flex stickers. As they were quite hard, I boiled the copers in water for around 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on them the whole time, which made the soft enough to push on the trucks. Turned out nice and fit between the wheels perfect! Then added the new Madrid stickers, thanks to @knightlife for those!

IMG_4483.JPGIMG_4488.JPGIMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG

Just a little upgrade, but pretty pleased with the changes. Thought i'd share with you guys and girls.

Charlie :)

I have some flat bottom copers, but they need to be cut down because they're too long.

Cool. :) Yeah I measured up before buying and they seemed to be alright. I thought I may have to cut mine a little too, but I think they look quite good. Yours should be fairly easy to cut down. Pics when you get them on your board!

Cool. :) Yeah I measured up before buying and they seemed to be alright. I thought I may have to cut mine a little too, but I think they look quite good. Yours should be fairly easy to cut down. Pics when you get them on your board!

I unfortunately forgot to bring them home , so I can't get to doing that. I will take it to a skate shop to get the screws and nuts replaced with silver ones though.

I unfortunately forgot to bring them home , so I can't get to doing that. I will take it to a skate shop to get the screws and nuts replaced with silver ones though.

Ahh I see. Yes! It's only a little change, but makes all the difference to the look of the board. Much better!

I was watching this Thrashin video earlier and noticed the poster and Madrid sticker on Corey Webster's wall! Looks similar to Marty's :eek ?
image.png

I know Corey himself doesn't ride the same board. I've never noticed that before, thought it was very cool to spot that. Even has the Valterra logo on the board on a slight tilt the same as Marty's board. Thrashin was released in '86. Cool movie! If you've not seen it, definitely check it out. Here's video I spotted it in, around the 0.47second mark.

http://youtu.be/mESiLrBKgk0

WGB are selling the decks only on their website for $150 now

Not exactly. If anyone here on the RPF wants a deck, I can help arrange it. But the decks are not currently available for purchase. Ken was just working on the website with the possibility of offering the decks outside those here on the RPF who have asked for them. He inadvertently made the changes public, temporarily, but it's fixed now. Again, we do have extra decks, but they are not currently available for purchase.

Maton, your deck is looking great. The copers look terrific too. Glad you got the decals I sent.

Ah okay yeah that makes sense, sorry I just saw it on their website so thought I'd share.

Not exactly. If anyone here on the RPF wants a deck, I can help arrange it. But the decks are not currently available for purchase. Ken was just working on the website with the possibility of offering the decks outside those here on the RPF who have asked for them. He inadvertently made the changes public, temporarily, but it's fixed now. Again, we do have extra decks, but they are not currently available for purchase.

Maton, your deck is looking great. The copers look terrific too. Glad you got the decals I sent.

So I'm taking my board to a skate shop today to get some hardware switched for silver. I have copers on order and Madrid stickers on the way as well.

Last edited:
I got some pieces switched out for correct silver ones. I wasn't able to get all the pieces at my local skate shop, so I ordered the rest on eBay. They even had white pivot cups that fit which was a surprise.

I got some pieces switched out for correct silver ones. I wasn't able to get all the pieces at my local skate shop, so I ordered the rest on eBay. They even had white pivot cups that fit which was a surprise.

Looking much better! Nice work! :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back