Marty McFly's Skateboard - Valterra Splatter Deck Conversion

Hi Nightlife, here is a photo of my board..although I am absolutely thrilled to finally have a board, I'm a little irked that it contained the wrong parts, thanks for replying. I'll shoot you a PM with my details. Here is a photo of my board as it stands currently, as you can see there is no MGF on my madrid sticker, the white bits between the wheels are arched and not angled and the screws on the wheels are black not silver

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 07.35.09.png

Hi Nightlife, here is a photo of my board..although I am absolutely thrilled to finally have a board, I'm a little irked that it contained the wrong parts, thanks for replying. I'll shoot you a PM with my details. Here is a photo of my board as it stands currently, as you can see there is no MGF on my madrid sticker, the white bits between the wheels are arched and not angled and the screws on the wheels are black not silver

View attachment 581674

You're absolutely right about the sticker. That's a new one. I've asked Madrid to add you to the list of parts they need to make right. Also, the screws on the wheels, do you mean the screws holding the trucks onto the board? You definitely got the more modern curved copers. But your red/orange bushings are right. I'll let Madrid know.

Joe is it possible we can wait for the new wheels and copers before sending it out so the board can have all the correct parts sealed up complete?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Though, the new wheels (wave 2) are finished and currently what's shipping from Madrid. I've asked them not to fully assemble your board until you've signed off on the parts in question. And, I'll post a photo of the new batch of copers that Madrid ordered as soon as they arrive.

Hi Joe,

Could you look into something for me please. Ken has sent me an email saying that I have not paid enough money to ship my board to the UK, even though I have paid $325 plus an extra $50 that he requested for the shipping cost. $375 in total.

I too would like to wait as Pitbull is until the most accurate parts are available, as apparently I am number 15 on the list due to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. Could you check that this is the case for me please as I have no real idea as to what is going on.

Many thanks,

Nick

Hi Joe,

Could you look into something for me please. Ken has sent me an email saying that I have not paid enough money to ship my board to the UK, even though I have paid $325 plus an extra $50 that he requested for the shipping cost. $375 in total.

I too would like to wait as Pitbull is until the most accurate parts are available, as apparently I am number 15 on the list due to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. Could you check that this is the case for me please as I have no real idea as to what is going on.

Many thanks,

Nick

If you've paid $375, then you don't need to pay more. That's the total I paid for my board shipped to the U.K. :)

Absolutely. Though, the new wheels (wave 2) are finished and currently what's shipping from Madrid. I've asked them not to fully assemble your board until you've signed off on the parts in question. And, I'll post a photo of the new batch of copers that Madrid ordered as soon as they arrive.

Thanks joe when My board is all ready please lmk.

Thanks joe when My board is all ready please lmk.

No problem. I've requested photos of all the parts from Madrid prior to final assembly. Once you sign off on them, they'll put it together and get it out to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Joe,

Many thanks,

Nick

Man... yes, I'll look into it.

Hi Joe,

Many thanks,

Nick

I only paid $375 to the UK so there's something not quite correct there !
Don't worry Joe will sort it!

Hi Joe,

Many thanks,

Nick

It seems that there are still about 20 people remaining who haven't paid enough shipping. You are not one of them, NickyMabbs. Ken said he sent out a mass email to alert those who hadn't yet paid enough. The email wasn't for you or anyone who has already paid the correct amount. You're all set. Pitbull is really just waiting for more wave one copers to come in. If you PM me with your actual name and order number, I can ask that they hold off sending you your board until then as well.

I'm happy with mine. Is it 100% accurate? No, but it's a lot closer than I could have gotten trying to make one, and it certainly cost a lot less than it would have trying to hunt one down on eBay in horrendous shape with what would likely be the wrong paint job anyways. Things like copers and wheels can be swapped out in time for truer parts make it a better match. The deck itself is the hardest thing to pin down -- so if nothing else, these replicas can work as a good foundation for getting the rest of the correct parts.

I do feel for those who got damaged boards or were missing COA's though. Hopefully, Madrid makes it right for you.

I am also waiting on my COA (my board must have been in the first batch sent out).
Are we supposed to be contacting Madrid directly for these or the guys at weregoingback?
What has everyone else done?

I contacted Ken directly via Facebook messenger admittedly it was a while before I got a result but I got my COA in the end.

Last edited:
I am also waiting on my COA (my board must have been in the first batch sent out).
Are we supposed to be contacting Madrid directly for these or the guys at weregoingback?
What has everyone else done?

Send me a PM with your info and I'll forward it to Ken re: your COA. Same goes for anyone still waiting for a COA.

I got home today and finally got to open up my board. Other than the non flat copers, it is perfect. I got a COA as well, so I'm am pleased with that. Is there any word yet on accurate copers?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back