2009 Star Trek Enterprise <<<DONE>>>

cylon75

This is the playmates version of the Enterprise from the 2009 movie. The only way your getting the model is to buy this since they nix the model version. When I 1st got this i wanted to redue it and make it look more like a professional model rather than a toy. The plan was to keep it so it would lite but that already has ended so i get to fill the holes and do it right I have already started it a week ago here's what i done so far.

How it comes:
020.jpg

017.jpg

021-1.jpg

Work done so far:
005-1.jpg

004.jpg

Had to move the engines back, to far fwd.
The way they come:
016.jpg

moved:
014.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2009 Star Trek Enterprise (redue)

Looks like you have a good start there. I'm not a big fan of this ship I have it too since I want them all.

I'm doing the same thing to my playmates Romulan BoP since the kit version is so very bad.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to see the finished product.

Good start, but I was just curious - are you going for a customized, 'idealized' 09 Ent, or just cleaning up what playmates couldn't be bothered to do?

For all the cool things playmates gave my childhood in terms of Trek, they sure did **** me off a lot. Even now. Holding my 09 communicator toy up next my DST TOS comm *toy* still makes me go, "Seriously, guys? That's it?" I know. Toy. But still. Sorry, had to digress...

Re: 2009 Star Trek Enterprise

Well i got all the putty fill done and sanded now to throw some paint back on it. The ship comes in this god awful color of a tanish white. I'm painting it white!

007.jpg

017-1.jpg

019.jpg

021-10.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:

Good start, but I was just curious - are you going for a customized, 'idealized' 09 Ent, or just cleaning up what playmates couldn't be bothered to do?

For all the cool things playmates gave my childhood in terms of Trek, they sure did **** me off a lot. Even now. Holding my 09 communicator toy up next my DST TOS comm *toy* still makes me go, "Seriously, guys? That's it?" I know. Toy. But still. Sorry, had to digress...

Just cleaning it up and trying not to make it look like such a toy. Rather just do a build model of it but it appears that that aint going to happen any time soon so i have to deal with this.

Well the paint part is done. Next is to paint on a Aztec pattern,I have a template that i re-sized that will work. Any pointers on this would be appreciated seeing that i have never tried this before. The plan is to print it on sticker paper put it on the model and cut out the black than use a gloss white to paint whats left.

002.jpg

004-1.jpg

009.jpg

010-1.jpg

OK the next step is to try to do a Aztec pattern on the Enterprise. I got a pattern off the net and was able to resize it to what i need got lucky there. Went out bought some sticker paper for my printer and printed the pattern on it. Now if my idea works i stick it on the ship and spend a lot of time cutting it out, than painting whats left with a flat white and if every thing works good when i pull it off i should be left with what i looking for.

009-7.jpg

004-2.jpg

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

3 days couple hours a day to cut all that out. might cut it down a bit on top so it anit so complex. Now to tape it off and paint .
003-1.jpg

Good thing i did the bottom 1st the Aztec thing did not work at all, so im scraping it have to repaint now. i would do it if there was a decal but none fit this.

I have the ship repainted now and have started the detail paint. I also believe that i found some decals that will work to. The plan now is to do the paint clear it with a gloss coat than decal it and finish it with a coat of flat clear. I also had a real nice guy make me a set of decals to. Again thank you for that.

Detail painting:
005-2.jpg

Found decals:
007-2.jpg

Replacement decal sheet made:
009-8.jpg

Still working on detail paint got the underside done working on the sides and top.

001.jpg

008.jpg

005-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

Its got a coat of gloss clear. and this is a preview of my Aztec decals i plan to use.
002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

Aztec decaling has begun... keep in mind there is no kit for this model I am using a 1/1000 refit kit decal sheet so some of this i have to make up as i go to get it to look some what like it should.

001-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-32.jpg

Got the two supports for the nacelles done and the windows on the saucer section I'm working on the nacelles them self, doing a panel look on them the one on the left is done still working on the other one.

001-2.jpg

004-6.jpg

014-1.jpg

021-11.jpg

019-2.jpg

023-4.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back