10 Cloverfield Lane (Post-release)

Re: 10 Cloverfield Lane

I want to work with Bad Robot SO BAD... They really know what gets me psyched with entertainment... even their failures are somewhat entertaining.

I liked Cloverfield, but didn't love it. Never felt like I needed to watch it again... but I remember loving how they built up the movie prior to release... and then this trailer hit and it's that feeling all over again: "What was THAT?!?... looks GREAT!"

Will it live up to the greatness of that trailer? Hope so, but even if it doesn't, that trailer was a pretty awesome surprise in a world where surprises with movies are few and far between.

The trailer makes it look like a bit of a psychological thriller on top of a horror movie with them slowly going stir crazy. Goodman is always good at playing tough but emotional characters all the way back to Dan on Roseanne.

Is JJ & Co. using Cloverfield as a title for an anthology title? Or do these films tie together?

Is JJ & Co. using Cloverfield as a title for an anthology title? Or do these films tie together?

i hope they tie together, alien invasion. all those subway bugs roaming the earth, yes yes yes!!!

I am hoping Slusho! makes an appearance.

OMG YES!!! i totally forgot about that, gonna watch the trailer again to see if theres a soda cup or something in the back ground! gotta keep an eye out for Kelvin too!

I'm a fan of the first one.. love Kaiju films. Next thing we know.. the camera will be on the new monster and Gypsy Danger 2.0 comes out of nowhere. lol.

I hope the majority of it takes place outside of the bunker. I wanna see all the alien bogey men as possible......and lasers. Yea definitely lasers.

I hope the majority of it takes place outside of the bunker. I wanna see all the alien bogey men as possible......and lasers. Yea definitely lasers.

i bet we go the whole movie in the bunker and when the chick breaks out we bump into these guys
6a00d8341cca7b53ef013480e33c77970c-pi

Hmm "Monsters come in many forms"

I'm guessing Goodman is the monster in this one.

Seriously, looks more like a Misery psychological thriller type of flick. And with a reported 5mill budget I'm guessing the whole movie takes place in the bunker.

Still looking forward to it though!

Anyone here seen Pontypool? Another excellent example of a psycho thriller in a confined space where the imagination takes over!

That trailer doesn't really give me enough to have feeling about this movie, but I LOVED the first one, so I'll end up seeing this when it's out. I hope we get past the cellar and into a monster-ridden world relatively early on in the film.

so tempted to read... gotta stay spoiler free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm disappointed. Gotta' admit I am. While it's the kind of film I'd of watched any way, and will still watch, I was really hoping the film was something else. Frankly, I'd rather watch the film as originally created. Hopefully that gets released as part of the blueray or something.

Maybe the reshoots to connect it to Cloverfield will work, make it a better movie, it's a seemless thing and it's interesting and exciting. I hope so.

:confused

Having read the synopsis, I could see how they *could* connect it to the first film, but it'd be a stretch. It doesn't sound like anything that special. Then again, The Lion in Winter is a favorite film of mine, and it's probably 95% dialogue...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back