Goonies "Data's Replica Jacket" FINISHED post #17

Pitbull

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Gang so I pretty much had a bit of time on my hands and decided to tackle a prop I alway's been wanting to do... YUP Data's Trench Coat attire :cool,Now the goonies have and always been my absolute favorite Film of all time Secretly ahead of Back To The Future :ninja.Anyway I would say they are equal but who gives a $#@% back to what's important :cool.

Ok where do I begin with this one? What has always stopped me from doing this jacket was not being able to find good enough reference shots of the patches and most importantly placement of the patches.I didn't want to start investing money in patches and just stick them on the coat not knowing where they belong.I recently acquired alot of detailed photo's of ONE of 2 screen used coats used in the film.The patches on the coat are pretty much easy to come by with the exception of about 6 patches.I'm currently having those 6 patches being custom made for me as we speak :cool.I'm using a few different patch companies to see what they can do and so far looking good :cool.Now the only thing that's VERY difficult is finding what size the patches are that need to be custom made and I think I pretty much nailed it.Now I got the trench coat on ebay in the same size as data wears it on screen just for the simple fact I want this to look straight out of the movie and have every patch alighned properly if you know what I mean.Other than that it's been really fun progressing on this project and I want to share a few pics of the coat and mind you all it is NOT FINISHED.I had my wife since she's the size of data :lol pose in the coat of what I have put together so far.I also would like to add that most of the patches you see already are original military patches :cool Feedback is welcomed so please share me your thoughts on what you think of my coat so far :thumbsup

I also want to give a thank you to kurt and roland for helping me out on being able to get a certain patch made up a BIG thanks guys:thumbsup

img2416a.jpg

img2421hj.jpg

img2413p.jpg

img2414l.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Goonies "Data's Replica Jacket" Progress Thread

Nice job. I too am hoping to complete a replica over time. The research and acquisition of each patch has been a blast.

Thanks for the compliment :cool,I been working hard on this thing I can't tell you how many times I kept re doing the stitching on the jacket :lol.

Once I get the patches I ordered in hand I will post who did them that's if I like how they come out.For instance here's a sample of my custom airborn patch

Anyway I'll post more as I go :cool

Nice job. I too am hoping to complete a replica over time. The research and acquisition of each patch has been a blast.

well not that there's too much interest over here lol I figured Id'e post my progress.I got a few more patches done :love.Dealing with these patch companies have been a nightmare to get data's patches corerect:unsure.I alway's wanted Data's coat and I couldn't be more happy with the progress and how my custom patches are turning out.I'm waiting on about 5 more patches being made so I will continue to post as they come in :cool

Looking good. Which patches are custom-made?

THANKS MY CUSTOMS ARE ,REDLINE,OREGON,ATARIS,NOBODY LOVES,AA.

Still waiting on the DB MOTOR patch,tiger and chinese patch.The jacket is coming along great I'll post pics :cool

Here are some pics with more patches added :love

13678928.jpg

81714443.jpg

78229961.jpg

51071614.jpg

This right here is data's real coat

I will post more pics when my other patches get here :cool

Hey guys my data coat is coming to the finish line I have a few more patches to put on the coat but overall it's almost finished.The patch placement has been a pain in the @ss!! I must have sewn on the same patch about 5 times trying to get the placements right.Here's a quick pic :cool

Re: Goonies "Data's Replica Jacket" Project Thread

I can almost smell the grease from the slickshoes!

Time spent on this is really paying off. :thumbsup

That is a seriously cool prop!!!! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I've always loved this film, one of my all time favourites too!

You'll have to post a few more pics of the original if you are able to share them, and maybe a few screen grabs too!

Can't wait to see this finished!

Andy

man if only i stumpled upon this years ago in my youth. That is a sweet jacket man, cant wait to see the spring loaded boxing glove :)

Here are pictures of the screen used coat patches.These are the reference shots I based my custom patches from :cool.

29824245190a32285358o.jpg

29824249114ae413b040o.jpg

298328091231148edaa4o.jpg

2983280576913bd06a12o.jpg

2983281382748338d28ao.jpg

29880229104708348789o.jpg

48122386.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back