Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Abe's Axe/Gun

I have no idea the make/model. I was just asked to incorporate one- I worked from photos. It's my understanding they had a guy back east make the hero axe- it may be the same mech I linked to above. I know they said they were going to use a real mechanism.

As far as the hammer being used as a latch to keep the axe head closed- in the "movie world" that may have been the case, but the prop didn't function that way. The axe head just slides back and forth to cover it.

One of the concepts I did had the trigger/hammer assy pop down out from the reciever as the axe head came back. The head of the axe also rotated slightly at the end of it's travel to sit at an angle- but obviously they didn't go that way. I like the way it ended up, it looks period and even plausible.

I remember when they ran down this job for me I thought it was one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever heard- but seeing it in action, it ends up being pretty cool.

Thanks for the info Storm, greatly appreciated.

I emailed the guy that runs the blog on under hammer guns to see if he can identify the mechanics/make/model. I'll post as soon as I hear back from him.

-Ss

Just when you think you are out, we pull you back in again! :lol

Correction. I really want one, now.

No problem making the blade and greeblies. Would be nice if that spring catch was an off the shelf item, though. Let the search begin!

More pics:

7181733908_f234a985fc_b.jpg

7181728964_d75cc66fbe.jpg

7181729000_641178b78d_b.jpg

-Ss

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted an update. I now have the axe blade part of the project going again. This started as (3) pieces of 1/2" thick black sintra (PVC). The pieces were shaped and sanded, then glued together using PVC cement. Three nut/bolts also help hold it together. These shots are of its first skim-coat layer of bondo. The little brown piece atop the blade is lasered out acrylic. This will give the illusion that the handle goes all the way through the bit, and I will be running a 3-4" screw through it, the blade and into the handle to help secure everything together.

7380024780_6b502ea106_b.jpg

7380025182_57778212b7_b.jpg

7380025078_929eee35d3_b.jpg

7380025004_33fd9871e3_b.jpg

-Ss

Last edited:
A little update; the bit is now fully weathered and shaped. Lots of nicks and dents that will become areas where the black will be worn away to show the silver metal beneath when it is finished.

7407844844_804008a603_b.jpg

7407844950_2311b7ba68_b.jpg

-Ss

Hi ssdesigner,
i don't know if you recevied my previous message but i'm asking to you if you a have a design with measurement for the blade.

With the provided screenshot i can only measure the side of the blade, ma for the top and the depth i don't know how to measure that.

Thank you very much

Just have seen this thread and love it!

WOuld be nice to make a decent Abe axe, but I´m unsure about the overall length!?
Here´s an axe-handle that seems to feature the right shape/ curves...about 90 cm long.
What do you think Scott?

5722_0.jpg

Markus

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back