Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Abe's Axe/Gun

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished this book and I am totally psyched for the film. I plan to go to the local MN Con (CONvergence) as Abe this year and I'm in the process of building his trusty axe.

I know that in the film it also doubles as a gun, and at some point I do plan to do a "hero" version like the photo below (which ia a screencap from a real axe in the Lincoln Archives) The real hero prop is based on this:

7154150704_7efe092a22_b.jpg

...but for now, I'm just going for a static prop to twirl around a bit :)

So here is a screen cap next to my early mockup:

7154197986_4054991ea2_b.jpg

I have a lot more screen caps and such if anyone is interested. I'd really love to hear from people building this prop, or interested in it. I have a file for the axe bit that I'd be happy to share. I'm building the bit out of (3) layers of 1/2 thick black sintra. Should have photos of it tomorrow.

-Ss

I just finished the book a few days ago and LOVED IT! I'm not sure how I feel about the gun axe since it wasnt in the book however it is a pretty wicked prop.
7b5a129eceac5c8b7459ba8.jpg

I don't think this video is legit. I think it's supposed to be like a viral video for the film. Those are props from the movie. I'm 99% positive.

EDIT: Now I'm 100% positive, after seeing the stake.

Last edited:
I'm glad it's fake. Now we know we are looking at a real close shot of the real, screen used hero prop. Awesome!!

-Ss

Correction. I really want one, now.

No problem making the blade and greeblies. Would be nice if that spring catch was an off the shelf item, though. Let the search begin!

When this movie hits the theaters....I want people to know that we have this ***** covered....Because this is going to be a prop people WANT.

-Ss

Last edited:
That catch latch is bugging me. I've seen it somewhere. Everything else looks custom. It would be easy enough to CNC up a batch of handles and greeblies. :thumbsup

I'd like to see the other side of the axe. Guessing it's just another brass track.

-Rylo

I see it, now. Thanks. Good pic! So, the striker is pulling double duty as the axe head latch by keeping it in place when closed? Am I seeing that correctly? Just wrapping my head around the engineering since I'm not familiar with this particular action.

-Rylo

Just some FYI - Production was very specific about that underhammer action. I had to incorporate it into all the designs I did.

The Underhammer Society: Replicating the original Numrich Arms “Hopkins & Allen”

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back