1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

What Sofa is working on at the moment is actually a small part of the hall leading to the cockpit!:D

Roughneckone:cool

janoszpoha.gif

Sofa can you post up some more pics of the quad laser at some point been so long seen the old girl and she is rather sexy looking.
Also any news on that other quad that was being built to actually move?

Loosebruce

I think the pipes are a good idea...maybe a bigger one could add some variety to the whole design (seems too neat, if you see what I mean) and, yes, the grime, oil, wash will do wonders with that stuff. Great job Sofa, great job:cool

All that time ago you met Timothy Zahm I don't suppose you got contact details did you do we can get him to rewrite the Thrawn trilogy as a script then can we? 

Hey LB,

Unfortunately I did not get any contact info. I can reach out to him and see what happens? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you are putting ya feet up for an afternoon during the holidays SK, silly idea I know lol.

This year's festive lights look a lil'bit like this....

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z423/WaveyDD/ESB MF int Light/anhLIGHTSset1.jpg~original

Hey W,

Love those panel lights! Explain! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Happy New Year. 2017 is the 40th anniversary, right?

Oh that's right! DANG... 40 years...

- - - Updated - - -

Happy New Year!

Looking for something else, I came across this shot from filming ANH. It doesn't show much we haven't better source for, but I can't remember seeing posted here before:

View attachment 694963

From here:
https://georgesjournal.org/2012/05/...e-scenes-pictorial-celebration-of-a-new-hope/

Hey FF,

Yup... that HS cockpit. I would be great to build that version for fun! :)

- - - Updated - - -

That looks nothing like the MF cockpit at all - was this the holiday special or some other filming?

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi K,

That's the HS version. I believe the original cockpit from ANH was undergoing major changes for ESB.

- - - Updated - - -

Good Grief! May the Force be with us!

Will that be enough? ;)

Love that you can see chewys feet hanging OUT of the cockpit[emoji38] .

Hey A,

Any recreation of that cockpit would HAVE to include the cutouts of the floor... with boxes of course

- - - Updated - - -

...solving both the heat and the smell issue in one stroke!:D

Exactly! Wouldn't be a great to have a series of full scale cockpits? ANH, HS, ESB, RotJ and TFA all in one room? I bet the HS version would get the most attention! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very very true. We can only imagine the stink as he gets out of the suit later;)

I would be willing to suffer through that to be in a SW movie! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I want Sofa to build this version next! :D

Hey T,

It is VERY tempting!

- - - Updated - - -

Defo Xmas Special!

And then we can all enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

When you're finished with the cockpit, you gotta make a part of the hall leading to it you know? :D

Hey ES,

Depending on the space and whether the guys in the shop allow it, I DEF want to include part of the corridor - at least the area where you can see the pads and corridor lights when the cockpit door is open. That would be amazing!

But the plan is to build the entire ship...

- - - Updated - - -

What Sofa is working on at the moment is actually a small part of the hall leading to the cockpit!:D

Roughneckone:cool

Exactly... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Sofa can you post up some more pics of the quad laser at some point been so long seen the old girl and she is rather sexy looking.
Also any news on that other quad that was being built to actually move?

Loosebruce

Hey LB,

The quad is currently in the garage, the back room and I think the car? I can post some older images if you would like? I have a few professional images a buddy of mine took a few years back. I'll dig through and post those.

OperaScot is working the articulated version. Unfortunately he's had to change gears and focus on a few other things. I'm sure he'll post soon and let us know his current status. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think the pipes are a good idea...maybe a bigger one could add some variety to the whole design (seems too neat, if you see what I mean) and, yes, the grime, oil, wash will do wonders with that stuff. Great job Sofa, great job:cool

Hey J,

Thanks so much! One of the pipes is slightly larger than the other 4. I didn't want the area to be to be too cramped for space. I still have to add the insulation behind everything. That might change the color of the silver pipes depending on the contrast. Oh yeah... the oil and grime is going to be fun!

Love what you're doing to the light bars and pipes! Nice nice nice!!

Thanks, T! Cockpit V2 (or the Holiday Special ;)) will see a completely different approach toward the light bars. Because the existing bars/housings fit so perfectly I didn't want to change them too much or build new ones and offset everything. So, I've done everything I can to mod the existing housings - fingers crossed they actually work!

I kind of liked your first pipe assembly with the little box it in. I think it might me more visually interesting.

It may drown the overall greeblie fest once it's all put together though.

I want to be ur friend. Very awesome!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey CaD,

Thanks so much! We're all friends here! Always glad to have one more! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of liked your first pipe assembly with the little box it in. I think it might me more visually interesting.

It may drown the overall greeblie fest once it's all put together though.

Hey FF,

Yeah... I was partial to that design as well. I might go back to it. I'm going to stop by the home improvement store and what other electrical boxes I can find. It's still a work in progress and I'm always up for suggestions. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very awesome, looks amazing can't wait to see the final product. You are very talented.

Hi J,

Welcome to the RPF! Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm really looking forward to seeing her all finished as well. Still lots of stuff to do!

Hi Gang,

Not much of an update this morning. I fought a sinus infection / flu all weekend plus the frigid temps, as I'm sure many of you know, made it tough to do anything outside!

However... I was going through some images and noticed that one of the cockpit greeblies has to be recreated. This gave me the idea to perhaps move the existing ones down to the foot well panel and replace an existing greeblie. What do you guys think?

So I would replace these guys... which I really like!
20161120_095607_zpsdwgeuk13.jpg

For these older but more familiar greeblies
20170108_075432_zpsuply8dhf.jpg

20170108_075348_zpsku9hhur4.jpg

They retain the basic look I'm going for but pull familiar elements from the cockpit panels down to the foot well panel
20170108_075356_zpsygojputq.jpg

Ideas? Thoughts?
20170108_075424_zpsalsk9bve.jpg

Stay Tuned! More to Follow!

Last edited:
However... I was going through some images and noticed that one of the cockpit greeblies has to be recreated. This gave me the idea to perhaps move the existing ones down to the foot well panel and replace an existing greeblie. What do you guys think?

Not a bad idea at all to recyle old greeblies! Perhaps you could start a "greeblie bank" on a shelf, where you put everything you tear down to reuse for undocumented areas of the build? The black "whatsthething" you put on the footwell panel certainly looks good!

That quad is sooooooooooooooo sexy!!

Thank you, Sir! I'm considering giving her an upgrade - add some new greeblies, hoses and internal lights and sounds. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not a bad idea at all to recyle old greeblies! Perhaps you could start a "greeblie bank" on a shelf, where you put everything you tear down to reuse for undocumented areas of the build? The black "whatsthething" you put on the footwell panel certainly looks good!

Hey FF,

You would be VERY surprised how many greeblies I have sitting in the back room. I should take a pic(s) to show you guys the ever growing collection. Some I'm wondering why I'm holding onto, others (the screen accurate ones) I'm really lucky to have found and can't wait to add to the build. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back