1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Do you know this one? I don't know where I got this, but Falk told me to post this here.

rok

Hi R,

I have NEVER seen that pic before! GREAT FIND! :) Lots of great details!!!! Thank you!

Last edited:

your work is looking really sharp brother! Progress is never ending! great work.

your work is looking really sharp brother! Progress is never ending! great work.

Thank you, Sir! It was a slow weekend. The light bars messed me up for some reason... and to be honest, when I look back... I'm not even sure how or why? I got wrapped around the axle about "something" and it slowed the progress...

Oh well... lol

Hi Gang,

I forgot to mention... Chris Lee and I have been chatting about building a 1/12th scale reference model of the MF. This model would be an "exact" replica (minus greeblies, lights, sound, etc) of the full scale prop - this will help us with the frame, supports, etc. and get a clearer understanding of how the project will move forward.

I'm going to build a 1/12th scale mock-up of the cockpit using MDF. :) Then, like Steve Starkillers 3D model... move from the cockpit out toward the rest of the ship. If I remember correctly, my mind is going... Chris estimates the model will be over 9 feet in diameter! How cool is that?!

Does anybody have any CAD and architectural experience they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

Quick question for all you LED experts. Please excuse my lack of knowledge... Instead of the LED Christmas lights I've decided to use flat top LEDs for the all the panels.

Where is the best place to look for these types of LEDs? Also, I don't want them to be too bright. I just want the LED to look as close to what we see on screen.

Thanks gang!

I work in electronics for a living. The best place to get all electrical components is a company called Digi-key. They have a wide variety of everything. They mostly sell to companies but they also sell to individuals. They have good prices and ship very fast. They also have a very freindly search engine for finding things like this. Here is their website.

DigiKey Corporation - Electronic Components Distributor

I work in electronics for a living. The best place to get all electrical components is a company called Digi-key. They have a wide variety of everything. They mostly sell to companies but they also sell to individuals. They have good prices and ship very fast. They also have a very freindly search engine for finding things like this. Here is their website.

DigiKey Corporation - Electronic Components Distributor

I've bought from Digi-Key several times during my R2 build.
Delivered 2 days after ... in Sweden! (And I ordered from Digi-Key US since all the parts I needed wasn't available in europe...)

So: I can chime in on the "ship very fast" ! =)

I have also managed to score LED's in bulk on the that electronical cove thingy auction site... at darn good prices as well. A canadian company that sells in bulk uses them as their storefront.
I can certainly dig up the name and pm to you if you want.

Hi Gang,

I've been doing a lot of research on LEDs so no "real" progress on the cockpit these past few days. I did get the bolt holes drilled and I'm looking to get those last two panels finished. BUT... Since we're doing the ESB cockpit, it looks like I have at least 6 more panels to make - the ESB cockpit was extended a few feet to make more room for the actors.

PLUS! I'm looking to make a temporary door as well! :)

Hi!
I've now spent the better part of 6 hours reading through this whole thread! You, Sir, are amazing. The craftmanship put into this and the determination. I'm impressed and in awe! Keep up the good work! I've certainly been inspired to start my own modelling (Serenity cockpit for me and my fiancée's office).
I will definitely be following this project to the end! :D

Hi!
I've now spent the better part of 6 hours reading through this whole thread! You, Sir, are amazing. The craftmanship put into this and the determination. I'm impressed and in awe! Keep up the good work! I've certainly been inspired to start my own modelling (Serenity cockpit for me and my fiancée's office).

A great thread to start off on! Welcome to the RPF. :)

Hi!

Hi DeusEM,

Thank you so much for the very kind words and taking the time to follow the thread. It's been a fantastic and frustrating journey (if I never use laminate again... lol). I've tried VERY hard to stay true to the original design and told myself early on "... do not compromise..."

I HOPE you move forward with your project. We would LOVE to see a 1:1 scale Serenity cockpit as an office - very cool! If you're gonna start - start big! :) There are a lot of wonderful and very knowledgeable folks on this website who can guide you through virtually anything and everything... From Aeon Flux... to Flux Capacitors... this is a very diverse great bunch of people! :)

Welcome aboard and thanks again for the kind words! Now get to work! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back