1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

WOW, massive progress here. Congrats again for a superb update.

Just remembering SK, a while ago you teased a major announcement, have I missed it?

R

Hi R,

Thanks so much! I'm really happy to have finally knock these out! I hope the rest goes as smoothly as the CNC did! ;)

To be honest... I can't remember what the announcement was? WOW... I'm losin' it!

- - - Updated - - -

Sofa! Loads of progress pics here...beauty all around:cool

Thanks, J! Fingers crossed I'm able to make the chairs look like the real thing(s)!

- - - Updated - - -

Monday morning, check!

Cup of coffee, check!

My favourite thread on RPF full of goodies, check!

LOL! Thanks, FF! Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

wait where do you build / expose this?

Hi K,

The cockpit sits in a warehouse in Huntsville, AL. We haven't been to many shows in the past year because of all the redesign and rework that HAD to be done. But we're hoping to get back to displaying very soon!

- - - Updated - - -

freakin' awesome -great Monday update.

Thanks so much, SB! It was a great Monday! Another huge thanks to OperaScot and Daniel for their continued help!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it when I click on the latest page and the scroll-bar gets smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller and.... Marvellous update!

LOL! That's a lot of copy/paste from Photobucket! Thanks so much! The next few weeks are going to be a LOT of fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Nav chairs, MMMmmm!!!

Exactly... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

GORGEOUS! I am really looking forward to seeing this come to life!

Looks amazing as ever!You'll need some of these for the chairs!
imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 69
Hi Gang,

Small Morning Update! Enjoy!

A buddy of mine had some of these old cabinet stops!
20170314_151109_zpsevrekcsi.jpg

I painted these extension panel greeblies
20170314_164206_zpslfqg1ivq.jpg

I laser cut these detail pieces for the new nav chairs
20170314_151029_zpsmwwycoxk.jpg

I designed and laser cut these drill hole / mounting guides for the nav chairs
20170314_165640_zpsunok8rrv.jpg

20170314_165657_zps24xws8xg.jpg

This allows me to see where the underside of the "Hockey Stick" frame rests
20170314_170009_zpsirzou3c1.jpg

Dead Center!
20170314_170022_zpsedkoz9wy.jpg

Finding center along all the pieces
20170314_173737_zpsmjnenonl.jpg

Drilled the holes and dry fit together
20170314_180522_zpscafe1xlq.jpg

20170314_180609_zps4xzwiisb.jpg

We CNC'd a bunch of these oddly shaped pieces
20170314_180635_zps7w7iapvz.jpg

They will mount to the back of the nav chair and be covered with MDF
20170314_180649_zpscco6bdjr.jpg

20170314_192257_zpsndlimspa.jpg

I laser cut this piece a while back but it will have to be recut to fit
20170314_190736_zpswf7rexax.jpg

20170314_190752_zpsyag6fufz.jpg

More pieces to either recut or trim to fit
20170315_052121_zpsa954r6ap.jpg

Dry fitting the back support piece
20170314_182014_zpsbfjjcjpa.jpg

UH OH... Slight measurement problem... :facepalm
20170314_182022_zps2oskor4d.jpg

This back support is accurate so I went with this measurement and adhered / mounted in place
20170314_183050_zpsvpg0hx9c.jpg

Added the new strips I cut
20170314_183702_zpsklvgoqmv.jpg

LOVE IT!
20170314_190722_zps5okxopbs.jpg

And this is where we are!
20170314_192307_zps27mtzc40.jpg

20170314_192614_zpsaqpmrmsc.jpg

20170314_192627_zpsfjkqjmf9.jpg

Still lots to do to include remeasuring those templates and getting everything right for the next two chairs!

Stay Tuned!

You are a wizard with that CNC machine and the laser cutter. This build continues to amaze~

Thanks, W! Daniel is the wiz behind the CNC. It's not a complicated piece of s/w but you have to be very meticulous with what you tell the machine to do so I let the master do his thing and let him boss me around! He's really good at that last part! ;)

The next week or so is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey L!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words. I'm way ahead of ya! I've already got the lids and they are just waiting to be adhered into place! :)

Great update -and I'm sure you're glad to take a little break from the cockpit to work on the chairs.

Hey SB,

Thank you thank you! You have NO IDEA what a thrill it is to temp step away from the cockpit and work on the nav chairs. Seeing them slowly come together and take shape is really exciting. It's such a positive change of pace and is DEF recharging the batteries! I'm making VERY detailed changes to the CNC and laser cutter files as I go so when I cut the next round of chairs everything will be PERFECT. Test Subjects... I mean RPFer's Fuzz and Izzy are getting a set of chairs for their Mancaves so I want to make sure assembly is easy... ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with them!

Last edited:
I never, EVER in my wildest dreams would have imagined you'd be this enthused about the Nav Chairs! I guess now that you're working with a proper toolset, it makes these things a true reality. Looking good!

I never, EVER in my wildest dreams would have imagined you'd be this enthused about the Nav Chairs! I guess now that you're working with a proper toolset, it makes these things a true reality. Looking good!

LOL! Hey M,

I know it seems weird... And standing back... ITS DEF WEIRD to be so excited about a couple of chairs. To me, the Nav Chairs are such an iconic part of the cockpit. While any facsimile of the chairs would be fine to the untrained eye, I really want them to look the part and be as accurate to the originals as possible - especially the head cowl. It's also a nice change of pace and when finished, the two can finally marry up and begin to finish the picture. :)

Hi Gang,

WOW! 1,250,000+ Views! AWESOME! Thank you so much for the continued support, encouragement, guidance, feedback and most important... fun! You guys/gals are the best and I appreciate each and every one of you!

Stay tuned! I have a 4 day weekend ahead and it's going to be FUN!

Last edited:
Hi, SofaKing!! I´ve seen this thread since... ...i don´t know... 4 years? I can´t remember, but, I must to say, this is the most incredible and ambitious project I ever seen. I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and here are so many fans who will be surprised with this project. I wish you the best of the best, and continue with ALL the Millenium Falcon, haha ;)

Sofa looks like Disney are going to beat you to building the Falcon
as pictures starting to surface of AT-AT walkers and a big round disc being constructed at what will be Star Wars Land
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201703/5489/

has to be said even in the very basic framwork that AT-AT walkers are in god they look impressive.

Loosebruce

(Ive been a member here since 2016 but logged into view long before that, and before that was facebook and before that was the Fullscalefalcon web page when that was up just keep up the good work and where keep following you).

Hi, SofaKing!! I´ve seen this thread since... ...i don´t know... 4 years? I can´t remember, but, I must to say, this is the most incredible and ambitious project I ever seen. I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and here are so many fans who will be surprised with this project. I wish you the best of the best, and continue with ALL the Millenium Falcon, haha ;)

Hi S,

Thanks so much! There's been quite a few changes over the last few years! Glad to have you back. Best wishes to you and yours and I hope someday you'll be able to sit in and enjoy the project as much as we have!

Sofa looks like Disney are going to beat you to building the Falcon
as pictures starting to surface of AT-AT walkers and a big round disc being constructed at what will be Star Wars Land
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201703/5489/

has to be said even in the very basic framwork that AT-AT walkers are in god they look impressive.

Loosebruce

(Ive been a member here since 2016 but logged into view long before that, and before that was facebook and before that was the Fullscalefalcon web page when that was up just keep up the good work and where keep following you).

Hey LB,

DANG IT! Can't see the image... If I only had the deep pockets like Disney had! ;)

WOW! You've been a long time follower of the project. Thank you so much for your continued support. I really appreciate it!

Ok, my mistake. I wanted to say that I´ve been following this thread for 4 years, because I search every day for the changes you make. I expressed myself wrong, sorry for my english, ha

Ok, my mistake. I wanted to say that I´ve been following this thread for 4 years, because I search every day for the changes you make. I expressed myself wrong, sorry for my english, ha

Hey S,

No worries! That's even better! Thanks for the continued support! I wish I could work on the project full time and update the thread everyday but unfortunately work always seems to get in the way of our fun! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back