1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

For diffusing why not just take a fluorescent diffuser panel from a actual light, and cut a strip off to see if it works? Lowes near my home sells the ceiling tile type diffuser panels for about 3.99 each and it's I think 18"X32" don't quote me on it, I just saw it the other day when I was there getting some PVC fittings.

If you make a run of these, i'm interrested! :D

Thanks Toxx, I might have to add a Fett to the list, I found out my eldest (9yrs old and fellow contributor to Sofa's fantastic build) is making a Fett helmet based on the starwars saga DS game in his art and design class, I'm soo proud :) The teacher is even letting him use his DS as referance, as long as he doesn't start actually playing it that is :lol

I'll definately keep you in mind buddy :thumbsup

And now, its back to the studio for more on sofaking01's amazing cockpit build.....

Sorry G, didn't mean to hijack or de-rail there :behave

For diffusing why not just take a fluorescent diffuser panel from a actual light, and cut a strip off to see if it works? Lowes near my home sells the ceiling tile type diffuser panels for about 3.99 each and it's I think 18"X32" don't quote me on it, I just saw it the other day when I was there getting some PVC fittings.

GREAT CALL! I'll look into that! :)

And now, its back to the studio for more on sofaking01's amazing cockpit build.....

Sorry G, didn't mean to hijack or de-rail there :behave

No worries at all! :)

If time permits, I'll be working on the quad this weekend and finding those final resting places for the parts "J" sent me. I have a pretty good idea where they are going to go.

I'm going to paint the quad as well. It won't be anything special but I'm anxious to see some weathering on the ol girl!

I'll be sure to get lots of pics.

Hi Gang,

Just a quick update... Forgot to post these
20121129_103956.jpg

Showing the pencil/guide lines
20121129_112739.jpg

20121129_112756.jpg

When cutting the holes... I have to draw these lines twice to determine where the pinstriping will go... its a long complicated process... :)

I hope to have this finished after work! :)

Last edited:

Pin striping goodness!

Just a thought, how well does that stuff stick? Would hate to have to reapply after a year... :eek

Pin striping goodness!

Just a thought, how well does that stuff stick? Would hate to have to reapply after a year... :eek

I LOVE this part! :) It sticks REALLY well. But I'm going to spray a few layers of clear satin over top just to be safe. I've done a few projects in the past with pinstriping and the clear coat works fine. :)

Thank you, Sir! :) I have a box of 50 switches coming soon. This will take care of 3-4 panels. :)

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've added some special modifications myself."

"Don't worry, she'll hold together"

Man this is a cool project.....

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've added some special modifications myself."

"Don't worry, she'll hold together"

Man this is a cool project.....

Hi Luke,

Thanks so much! She's slowly coming together!

I just had a GREAT phone call. I was chatting with a vendor who is going to mail out 8 (or what he can find around the warehouse) of the door closer arm shoes for free! I can finally get the throttle housing close to finished and then prep to begin the 2nd console without worry! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back