1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Thanks gang! :)

OK... Need some opinions here. As you know I've been able to find some cheap functional toggle switches. However, Canobi has agreed to make molds of over 127,354 static switches.

The spacing on the panels will NOT allow for the functional switches because of the size of the switch. However, the static version will fit pefectly and I can rack, pack and stack them into place! So... the question is: Do I use the static version and stay true to original design OR remove HALF of the holes on ALL the panels to make room for the functional switches allowing for more interaction and fun - see image

1-1.jpg

So what do you guys think? Static or functional?

Also... something BIG happened yesterday but I'm not saying what happened just yet!

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

This is the craziest build I think I have seen - Yet one of the coolest! Cant wait to see more.

This is the craziest build I think I have seen - Yet one of the coolest! Cant wait to see more.

Hi Pembo,

Thanks for the kind words! With the LONG holiday weekend coming up I'm hoping to get a lot farther along. I should have all the back panels, painted with holes drilled, hopefully pinstriped and some LEDs mounted and working! Huge effort but I'm hoping for the best!

Stay tuned!

Go for the static ones on this one if it's staying with you. If it's going anywhere else, the first thing people are gonna do is push on a button, flip a switch etc. The static ones are gonna break right off.

Love the progress man, keep up the great work!

I say Static. I realize that the more functional stuff is the better, but staying as true to the original design is awesome. Part of this experience is seeing it as close to it was. Just my 2.3cents:)

Greetings. I've been observing your progress with much interest and appreciation for your dedication to detail and accuracy. Very nice job. I hadn't registered for the site until I saw the following:

Thanks gang! :)

... something BIG happened yesterday but I'm not saying what happened just yet!

I just had to respond to that one. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you got a request from Disney/LucasFilm for use of your prop in filming scenes for the new trilogy... Maybe?

If you stay on static you have the place for some more so you can go with 127,563 switches...

I say Static too. The more switches, the better.

Not like someone will go around flicking the all.

All for show!

I say Static too. The more switches, the better.

Not like someone will go around flicking the all.

All for show!

FIRST THING anyone will do when they walk in is flip switches GUARANTEED.

I say functional otherwise you'll be replacing broken switches for the rest of your life.

I speak from experience.

I'm in the functional camp as you know. I don't have experience with broken switches on my own props, but I know for a fact I'd be among those breaking switches off trying to cut the sub-light engines...

Greetings. I've been observing your progress with much interest and appreciation for your dedication to detail and accuracy. Very nice job. I hadn't registered for the site until I saw the following:

I just had to respond to that one. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you got a request from Disney/LucasFilm for use of your prop in filming scenes for the new trilogy... Maybe?

Hi J,

I WISH! Sadly... the news is not THAT big. But it's definately big for what we're doing by creating the full scale MF. :)

hmmmmm... decisions decisions... If I go with the functional switches I'm looking at over $500 in just switches. So now the question is... does it make sense to pour that much money into switches or should the money be used differently?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back