UPDATES! I love this part!

20121111_152235.jpg

20121111_155637.jpg

20121111_172134.jpg

20121111_180348.jpg

20121111_180359.jpg

More to come!

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

My version of SketchUp 3D has once again given me false measurements - VERY frustrating. The pinstriping measurements are all messed up. But all is well and I'll work through the basic design.

The pinstriping is coming along and I'm almost finished with the rear upper panel above the cockpit door.

20121111_213507.jpg

20121111_213523.jpg

20121111_213458.jpg

LOTS more work ahead of me! Stay Tuned!

DAMN!!!!! Now we are really talking brother! Where on earth are you going to put this baby?

THAT'S RIGHT! I remember now. I apologize for that falling off the radar... Does that piece have 4 "hooks"?
Na, only 3, of course I was suggesting the handle of the piece anyway, sounds like you have something in mind for the tines though. I only have one and due to an older project I've separated the handle from the top but I'm more than willing to donate either/both part(s) to you if you like

Hi H,

I say hold onto it for now. I certainly appreciate the very kind offer, I think we'll eventually nail down what those parts are - at least I hope! :)

Another update this morning!

One side finished! Greeblies added for effect
20121112_072839.jpg

More to come!

Quick note... I have a feeling I just might hate the pinstriping process after this build! lol

DAMN!!!!! Now we are really talking brother! Where on earth are you going to put this baby?

I have NO IDEA! LOL I think I made an error... Before I go any further I probably should have attached the panels to a "subframe or structure". I'm looking into doing something...

Its pouring down today so no real construction can be done.... GRRRR

As always... Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

I did something I SHOULD have done before I painted and striped the panels... But I was successful so I'm pretty thrilled!

Created a "box" for all the panels. This will definately help when mounting them together. I will also drill holes into the sides to allow for the wiring to feed.

20121112_142430.jpg

20121112_142435.jpg

20121112_142449.jpg

I then created boxes for the other two panels
20121112_161943.jpg

20121112_161917.jpg

20121112_161923.jpg

Backside. Everything will be attached using bolts. As I mentioned, I'll then drill small holes for the wiring
20121112_161931.jpg

20121112_161955.jpg

Overall
20121112_162007.jpg

Thats it for today! I'm hoping to have ALL the panels cut and boxed by this weekend. :) I'm going to spray a few coats of satin clear on the panels to protect and keep the pinstripes from coming up - especially after having pulled them so I could mount the boxes.

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

In-credible. My mind is blown. :eek
This is going to look so good they should use it in the next Star Wars movie. It's probably going to be far better made than the original. Great work.

In-credible. My mind is blown. :eek
This is going to look so good they should use it in the next Star Wars movie. It's probably going to be far better made than the original. Great work.

Now that's the ultimate compliment! :) How cool would that be? Can you imagine if Disney contacted me and said "Hey... we want to use your console..." "... and we're going to cast you in a minor reoccuring role that winds up being more popular than Boba Fett, Han Solo and Wedge combined...".

I can dream, right? lol :)

Thanks for the very kind words!

Last edited:

I'm truly impressed! I had no idea how much detail went into that cockpit. Keep up the great work!

Hi D,

Thanks much! The boxes will make the wiring SO much easier than the console. Everything has it's own little compartment. I have to admit I was getting a little burned out but this just put the ultimate fire under my rear end! I am so excited to get back out there and work. As I have always said, the pinstriping is so relaxing. But I have a feeling I might be past that after this adventure!

The hardest panels to cut were those top 3 because of their odd shape. Now that those are done - its full steam ahead!

Stay Tuned

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back