1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

How far from completion SK? It's like art work man, but I was curious how much before you say "it's done . . . King out!" (By the way, I only ask cause I know you are going to start . . ."

Hey Fuzz,

How far? I'm waiting for the 8 throttle levers and an extra "arm shoes" to attach the lever(s). Once I get those... the console is 99.99% finished (.o1% is the flashing lights). I'll then start the surrounding cockpit panels and LEDs along with an ALL new console.

So... while technically I'm "finished"... I'm really not. My saying "King Out" will be the day the full scale Falcon is officially finished and I'm sitting in the Han's chair yelling "YAHOOOOO"... :)

Last edited:

This is seriously great stuff!
Your eye to detail is awesome.

I wonder, if it's taken this long to build only the console, how did they ever build the whole thing? Of course the had more manpower but still. :D

Hi Miro,

Thanks! I tried to get as close as possible. Its almost impossible without knowing what materiels they used.

I'm sure they had a team working at least 8-10 hours a day with a collection of misc parts. I would say most of what they did was just guess work and had fun with all the greeblies. Trying to recreate what these guys/gals did eats into most of the time spent.

But I've had fun either way! :)

Did you ever figure out something for the yoke handles? just curious.

Hi H,

Not yet... I've been searching the net for something but so far... no luck...

If anybody has any ideas what they used for the grips on the yokes - any and all ideas are welcome. :)

UPDATES!!!!!! I'll let the pics do the talking... :)

20121104_084114.jpg

20121104_130239.jpg

20121104_130247.jpg

20121109_160911.jpg

20121109_160921.jpg

More to Come

UPDATES!

20121110_103446.jpg

20121110_103454.jpg

20121110_110642.jpg

I found some REALLY cheap toggle switches. I'm hoping to work a deal with the vendor for 50-100 switches!

More to come!

UPDATES!

20121110_131859.jpg

20121110_131908.jpg

I can't decide whether to mount the panels to the frame first or create the frame later?

Last edited:

Hi H,

Not yet... I've been searching the net for something but so far... no luck...

If anybody has any ideas what they used for the grips on the yokes - any and all ideas are welcome. :)

Ok, didn't know if anyone figured out anything better than the handle substitute I suggested. Which still on the table if you want.

Hi H,

I'm sorry I don't remember. Can you remind me what part / piece you're refering to?

Thanks

Last edited:

What i found today and i would use if i ever would build a falcon control panel:

180 LEDs in green, blue, red and yellow, 8 different twinkle-modes:

GREAT FIND! Did you at least get it and put it aside for... you know... just in case? :)

oh, it was 34,95 € (approx. 40$) so not an item that must be in my stock for .... you know ... disney takes over

Hey, I may have missed it but you were looking for the grips for the yokes I have no idea what they used but this seems like it would be an alright substitute

32988.jpg

It looks much better in real life. Just cut the handle off and voila! I'd donate, but I only have one of them, but if you want it just PM me.

here you go :)

Hi Gang!

Its really windy today. I was able to get another layer of paint on all the panels to include this:

20121111_112750.jpg

I'm going to do a test for back lighting to see how it looks - hang tight! More to come!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back