1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

Quick LED question. One of the cockpit panels I'm working has approx 6-8 LEDs. I have several LED strings of 20. Can I remove 12 LEDs, solder them back to a 6v plug without issue or will the LEDs pop?

Thanks much! Also, Just wanted to thank everybody for all the kind words. Can't wait to get started this weekend!

Hi SofaKing, I cant remember if you got this part already but if you are making that jump to light speed - you will need to adjust your seatbelt with the Teleflex lever.

tleflx1.png

COOL FIND!!!!! I'll definately look that up. I wish we knew what that other part was!

Hi Gang,

Ran into some personal things that needed attention yesterday... BUT! I think I finally figured out the panel light issue I was having regarding reflection/refraction...

It's nothing major... But, I decided to "frost" both the LED and the back of the dome lens. The LED is not as bright. It turned out near perfect! I'm now taping up and painting both the lenses and the LEDs. I figure the more layers of "frost" the better glow I will get - but I have to be VERY careful. :)

Frosted LED
20121028_124022.jpg

Frosted Red Lens against white LED
20121028_124007.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:

Very cool. :)

If you`re looking for more diffusion I`ve embedded the LED in hot glue before to great effect. :) Also gives you another layer to add colour to.

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Hi Gang,

Question: I have 8 12V LEDs that I want to solder together to a "wall wart". What V wall wart should I use?

Thanks!

Voltage never changes for them, if they are 12v, then your power supply is 12v. The amperage changes (goes up with more LEDs).

AHHH... I tried wiring all 8 together but the 12V wart wouldn't work. I've been looking online but can't seem to find an answer.

AHHH... I tried wiring all 8 together but the 12V wart wouldn't work. I've been looking online but can't seem to find an answer.

They need to go in parallel.

What amperage rating does the wall wart have?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back