1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

UPDATES!!!!! Phase II Has Begun!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Using Starkiller's AWESOME 3D MF Cockpit I got the dimensions I needed and started cutting the panels - a trip to the improvement store is required. :)

Taking the numerous misteps I took during the console build into account... I decided to cut all the holes for the LEDs first!! With that, I had to find the correct size drill bit to fit the LEDs and the holder. SUCCESS!!! :)

First test of the LEDs
20121020_153917.jpg

20121020_153927.jpg

Got a perfect fit!
20121020_154033.jpg

I then created a pencil line mockup of all the pinstripes. I then created a 2D drawing of the LED/Light pattern using the dimensions from the 3D model and transfered them to the panel... it was back and forth to the computer to the garage... back and forth... back and forth... Measure 400 times - cut once!! I used a screw to create an indent into the panel before drilling the hole.

20121020_170620.jpg

20121020_170609.jpg

20121020_170627.jpg

ALL LINED UP... 130+ indents soon to be holes...
20121020_171453.jpg

20121020_171507.jpg

First round of holes cut
20121020_173032.jpg

20121020_173040.jpg

20121020_173057.jpg

Using the same process described above, I continued with the rest of the panel...
20121020_174553.jpg

20121020_181344.jpg

20121020_181354.jpg

20121020_181407.jpg

Overhead...
20121020_181420.jpg

1 down... so many more to go... :)

QUICK NOTE: Starkiller, SketchUp is acting up again and the measurements are NOT correct between the pinstripes and the edges.... so I improvised on the holes. I'm going to uninstall the app and reinstall - hopefully that will clear out the errors... UGH...

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

I REALLY need your help... I have searched the net for 6 used "Door Closure Arm Shoes". There is a company that sells them but they want $16 a piece!!! Does anybody have any extras or know where I can find some cheaper? I really don't feel like fabricating them.

These are PERFECT for the throttle levers.
IMAG0715-1.jpg

You know, those look a lot like Unistrut... I bet you could cut and modify a piece to do the job...

Hi Gang...

Minor Updates... 3 Panels down... I changed the spacing for LED holes on the second panel...

20121021_123803.jpg

20121021_164027.jpg

20121021_164047.jpg

More to Come

Last edited:

Thanks Guys! :)

I'll be starting the frame next... I just wanted to get those two LED panels out of the way first... The frame is going to take a bit of thinking. It needs to be able to come apart and reassembled with realitive ease but be rigid enough to handle the abuse. Maybe I should call IKEA? ;)

Thank you my friend! Once you start moving on your 1/6 scale project, just like the 3D model, its very difficult to put down and not want to keep going! :)

Ha HA! :)

I only painted the underside, so the bubbling didn't matter. Then I put epoxy around the edge of the dome (on the bottom) and put it on the base. I held on tight and turned it around so the epoxy oozed downward into the base. The epoxy and paint refracted the light just fine, I thought.

Scott

hmmmm.... I like that approach. :) I am having a slight set back - and you touched on it. The glass lenses are flat on the back side and don't "reflect" the light around the entire lens. Not really sure how I'm going to resolve this - the frost helps but I would like to have an equal distribution of light. So... I need to find a concave lens that is also flat on one side that I can successfully mount to the other lens - I'm hoping this would help with the light.

Sorry for no updates gang. I've been a bit preoccurpied with other "home improvement" projects for the last few days. PLUS... I felt it was time to clean the garage. Had to remove about 250 layers of dust and overspray from... well... everything! I should be on track this afternoon.

I'm going to start measuring the sides of the panels. The cool thing... I only need to take 4-6 actual measurements and then make copies all the way around. As always... measure 40 times - cut once.

I'm hoping once I figure how to successfully mount two panels together the rest of the frame should go together without issue - HA! Famous last words...

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Good job & good luck with this new project !

This is the ANH cockpit panels, right ?

Best regards

Hi B,

Yes, this is based on the ANH cockpit - Steve Starkiller create a 3D model of the entire MF. If the panels come out I'll consider working toward the ESB version. But using the ANH plans is PERFECT start.

Wow , just amazing!!! what is the estimated time of completion of the project? Saving this web-link lol ...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back