1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Muhahahahahaha... what would make that even better is if you had it in a dark room covered in black velvet sheets with pinhole lights in it and one single light that would move around it so it looked like you were really flying in space!

By now, we should've been able to purchase flexi graphene monitor screens 'on a roll' for not much money. It would be a simple case of trimming the flexi screens into the window frames and the egdes are detected automatically. A surround sound type programme converts a flat movie into window frames and and.... Well, something like that lol.

By now, we should've been able to purchase flexi graphene monitor screens 'on a roll' for not much money. It would be a simple case of trimming the flexi screens into the window frames and the egdes are detected automatically. A surround sound type programme converts a flat movie into window frames and and.... Well, something like that lol.

Now you're just getting silly! Gotta be practical... not artifical! :) Not to mention all those screens plus the programming and graphic design alone would take years and tons more money then anyone actually has... now a little black velvet and a clamp light attached to a moving remote controlled jig... that would probably be more affordable! :)

Ok, ok, ok.... The velvety experience wins! Then when graphene takes over the world the velvet will make some great flared trousers for when that fashion item comes back around lol:)

edit: I hit return then realised I had just advocated CGI - Somebody throw potatoes at me, quick!

Last edited:
One Word: IMAX!

Ok.. if we're gonna go with IMAX... I think we'd have to draw the line there... I'm not quite sure what a wookie smells like but if they have been stuck inside that ship for a long period of time, I'm sure it'll probably smell like a gym locker room and the wookie would smell like a wet dog! I'm not sure people would be ready for that!

Hi Gang,

Well... I've been looking over the cockpit, taking measurements, diging through pics, etc... and it would appear that EVERY panel and platform below the shelf will have to be modified and/or rebuilt. This is very frustrating. However, there is now an issue, as mentioned before, of structural stability. If the panels are redesigned to meet the curve of both the nose and the cockpit tube, the amount of weight on the lower panels will be extreme and gravity will want to push the lower panels apart - thus crushing them.

As of right now, the only things keeping the panels from pulling apart are the door frame and the main canopy arch - that still doesn't resolve the weight issue. I might be able to incorporate a cross beam just below the larger center console platform. This MIGHT keep the panels from spreading apart. Another option / idea is to actually fabricate the lower part of the skin frame (just below the shelf) and physically integrate the steel frame into the platforms and main panels. Either way this is a HUGE obstacle to overcome.

I need a drink. ;)

What about some metal hoops to hold it together? Like a wine cask?

Actually, being able to ferment alcohol in the cockpit when it's not in use could make many of your troubles go away!

Who am I kidding?, it'll never not be in use...

The "cradle" option is becoming more likely. First, I have to find out the outer diameter of the skin frame. With all the flexing and warping, I can't rely on the 3D model measurements, I'll have to build up the cockpit and find the diam from there. Once I find out that number, we'll bend 2 or 3 tube pipes to match and then a lower steel cradle can be fabricated (which will also be the skin frame) that will in essence "cradle" everything below the shelf. That "should" take care of the weight issue "if" the cradle is properly secured to the platform.

I think...

Actually, being able to ferment alcohol in the cockpit when it's not in use could make many of your troubles go away!

Oh yeah baby... that little greeble on the back of the console facing toward the front would be perfectly adapted for dispensing a tapped keg or two fro the pilots! :)

If you could sketch out what you are envisaging as the final exterior look (a side on view, etc), that would help us get an idea of the problem.

If you could sketch out what you are envisaging as the final exterior look (a side on view, etc), that would help us get an idea of the problem.

The Beer Throttles or the Lower Panel issues? ;)

Cant post any images right now but I'll def post a sketch of the hurdle I'm facing.

Have this one?
(facebook sw rare vintage photos page)

Attachments

• mffb.jpg
    mffb.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 238

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back