1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Great shots!

Old dentist gear is an idea, will look in to that. The ESB levers do look familiar, with the sliding microswitch wheel at its base - probably sending positional info somewhere. I think the ANH levers you pointed out are possibly Stanley paint scrapers. Here's a more generic version, sold under several names.

ANHfalconLOWERlevers2.png

Though it could be a real switch item.

Hi Gang,

I'm watching Moonraker. That part that Dr. Goodhead disables in the comm room of the space station is the exact same piece Leia welds/repairs on the Falcon! :)

Great shots!

Old dentist gear is an idea, will look in to that. The ESB levers do look familiar, with the sliding microswitch wheel at its base - probably sending positional info somewhere. I think the ANH levers you pointed out are possibly Stanley paint scrapers. Here's a more generic version, sold under several names.

ANHfalconLOWERlevers2.png

Though it could be a real switch item.

You've got to be kidding me! :) Awesome!

Hi Gang,

I've been chatting with Starkiller and it appears I might have to do a little surgical work on the lower front side panels... In order to make the front window look right (not have anything protruding out from the sides of the cockpit), I will have to cut the panels "in half" and then create two more lower panels that extend toward the center of the cockpit - basically creating a cone shape.

We're working a plan now to see how to move forward! :) Stand By

Hi Gang,

I was doing some shopping when I stumbled across those thick foam workout mats that many people are using to create costumes. Do you think this is a good materiel to use for the padding around the door?

Hi Gang,

I was doing some shopping when I stumbled across those thick foam workout mats that many people are using to create costumes. Do you think this is a good materiel to use for the padding around the door?

I would think it would be perfect. :thumbsup

I think so. I was looking online and tan is available as one of the colors. So I might give that a shot.

Awesome work!!! Can't wait to see more!

Thank you, Sir! What a kick it would be if everybody who built a 1:1 scale prop was able to get together in one room / warehouse and show off their props / builds. That would be an awesome event! :)

Been following this for the last few months. I take my hat off to you for commitment!

Slightly OT, but I think you'll forgive me.

A friend of mine showed this picture to me, and I instantly thought of this thread:

NxlBlbm.jpg

It is a car sun shade, but it seems to be sold out.

OMG thats a great item to have, would love to see if I could get the company to do a Sam and Dean in the Impala.....:love or Bo and Luke in the General Lee

Is it flying yet?

Sadly... No... The next few days are supposed to be a wintery mix which really sux... But I'm going to get those panels on Han's side finished along with adding greeblies to other panels. So... I'm hoping to be airborne by... oh... Tuesday ;)

Slightly OT, but I think you'll forgive me. A friend of mine showed this picture to me, and I instantly thought of this thread: It is a car sun shade, but it seems to be sold out.

LOL That would be pretty cool to place on the console and then take a pic!

Hey Sofaking,

still thinking about what to use for the tips of the quad lasers? how about taking a life-sized kitbashing approach, and using a two branch manifold:

800600001c-aeg365s2.jpg

I got the idea while hunting through the 5' Falcon Kit ID thread, where someone had posted this:

OK found 'em, took a while to get the exhaust config in my mind, but, Quad gun tips appear to the Tamiya 1/12 Lotus 49 guys.
Falconquad.jpg

Lotus204920No2013.jpg

lee

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back