1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi CP,

Thanks for the very kind words. I hope UPS dropped off some much needed greeblies!

Hi All,

Good news and bad news... and bad news... Good news... the first of several greeblies and parts has finally arrived!!!

It s an illuminated panel.
IMAG0914.jpg

Bad news... It's a heck of a lot bigger than the seller quoted...
IMAG0915.jpg

So... I'll leave it up to the masses to decide whether I should go ahead and mount to the panel. However, should we decide to mount to the panel and if someone is interested, each button has a specific function that if written in the SW font would make the piece more authentic... I guess????

Bad news... no updates this afternoon. I have too much to do around the house...

But stay tuned!

Hi All,

Good news and bad news... and bad news... Good news... the first of several greeblies and parts has finally arrived!!!

It s an illuminated panel.

Bad news... It's a heck of a lot bigger than the seller quoted...

So... I'll leave it up to the masses to decide whether I should go ahead and mount to the panel. However, should we decide to mount to the panel and if someone is interested, each button has a specific function that if written in the SW font would make the piece more authentic... I guess????

Bad news... no updates this afternoon. I have too much to do around the house...

But stay tuned!

Why *wouldn't* you mount it? :p

EDIT: I just looked at the reference photos again - I see what you mean it being 'too big' -- may be best to use elsewhere in the cockpit (I'm sure there's somewhere where it could fit in...)

I'll take an overhead photo, print it out and lay it on the console. That will help get a better idea how big it is. But I would love to see it illuminated!

Also, which color scheme looks better - top or bottom? I think I like the bottom console...
Picture3.jpg

Last edited:

I'm for the black siding -- the second picture.

really, 90% of the falcon's interior looks imperial. The only differences are the tan leather upholstery, han and chewie's non-code rewiring jobs, and all their junk, dishes and laundry all over the place. The cockpit itself, aside from the pilot's and co-pilots chairs, is actually pretty spick-and-span compared to the rest of the interior. I think Han must have a mania for a clean cockpit, but a blind eye to mess anywhere else. So I think the less lived in glossy black actually makes sense.

Hey S,

Here are close ups of the illuminated buttons... They are attached to the panel by two philips screws at the base and a thick "wire" connector at the top...
IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

Buttons - Does anybody know/have the Star Wars font (not the english version)? If so, how cool would it be translate the buttons?
IMAG0925.jpg

I'll try taking it apart this afternoon

Last edited:

PARTS LIST

Many members have been asking for a parts list. Here ya go!

Plywood
MDF
various PVC fittings

Wall Door Stopper
IMAG0921.jpg

Electric Lower Thermostat
IMAG0919.jpg

Mounting Bases
IMAG0918.jpg

Low Profile Lamp Holders
IMAG0916.jpg

Spring Loaded Lamp Holders
IMAG0917.jpg

There are MANY items on Ebay that I have purchased. I'll do my best to identify the parts

That box greeble is the "circuitry" for the backs of the consoles right? You had posted a pic a little earlier, and I didn't get a chance to say that they look fantastic.

hmm, looks like you might just be able to get them apart. That would be awesome. hah, actually I think it would be hilarious to keep the labeling already on the buttons. "Chewie, lock in the auxiliary power!" "...ok, was Pressure Rinse 4 or Dryer Overtemp? damn it..."

"Chewie, lock in the auxiliary power!" "...ok, was Pressure Rinse 4 or Dryer Overtemp? damn it..."

LOL!!!! We could add a shower to the build? Those are Chewie's shower / dryer settings when he's feeling saucy and prepping for a night out!!

Last edited:

Not that you want to spend any more money than you have to, but would these work as a replacement for the Viscount domes? 1 x Vintage RAF Aircraft Cabin Cockpit Light Lamp Griffin 116-SAE - BOXED | eBay

Also found lots of 100 mini toggle switches on eBay US. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Car-Boa..._Accessories&hash=item27acf681b0#ht_695wt_985

What are your plans for the switch panels—separate panel inserts or drill holes directly in the console? If you post measurements, maybe the Toggle Switch Fairy will see them...

Not that you want to spend any more money than you have to, but would these work as a replacement for the Viscount domes? 1 x Vintage RAF Aircraft Cabin Cockpit Light Lamp Griffin 116-SAE - BOXED | eBay

Also found lots of 100 mini toggle switches on eBay US. 100,Car/Boat SPDT Toggle ON ON Toggle Mini Switch,B102C | eBay

What are your plans for the switch panels—separate panel inserts or drill holes directly in the console? If you post measurements, maybe the Toggle Switch Fairy will see them...

Hey MFP,

I checked those out and although they're close, they do show the screws and for the price, I can create 7 of the panel lights using the wall door stopper. But keep looking! We need all the help we can get! :)

WOW! That's the first time I've seen 100 for sale. I just purchased 40 of the same switches to mount to the center console. But I'm definately going to keep watch of the 100.

Not sure what you mean about the "switch panels"? Are you referring to the rest of the cockpit?

Here's a break down of the button...

IMAG0927.jpg

They're cool looking but I'm not sure how I would mount them individually?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back