Ant-Man

I'm sold. I like the tone of it and how it seems like it will be a different genre for Marvel to dabble in. I might have to start on a helmet!

Not sure what it's really about. What is he saving the world from? And more importantly how will he be tied into the rest of the Marvel Film Universe? Will he be in Avengers 3? CA Civil War?

Not sure how much I like Paul Rudd in the role but I'm sure he'll grow on me like he normally does.

The Comic-Con teaser had less footage than this cause it was shot mostly before principal photography had begun. But it was more VFX and action driven, they also showed Ant-Man riding the ant which was included in this current trailer. I am hoping the next trailer will have more punch to it.

The tone of this trailer was more serious than I thought, so some humor was good to balance it off. Rudd had two lines of dialogue, first was "aahhhh" and second one was about the Ant-Man name which was pretty much Marvel being self-referential. I don't think he is going to be that much of a smart ass type of character as many thought he was going to be. Though if he did, I won't mind it at all, as being little lighthearted from time to time is better than constant brooding.

While we have seen many hero stories about fathers and sons, this focus on the father and daughter dynamic is little refreshing and that is going to drive the character to don the suit. The personal stakes are going to bear more importance than the world being in peril.

There are many who wrote off GOTG as silly and being a box office flop. They like to pretend they never said that and wouldn't like to admit they were wrong. I am sure it will be the same case with this movie.

Regardless of the success of this movie, Marvel has earned their loyalty and I am going to have my faith in them.

Peyton Reed is a good director and he was my preferred choice for the original FF movie. And if he was on-board from the start for Ant-Man, there wouldn't be this sour aftermath phase which fans faced after the exit of Edgar Wright.

But the only reason this movie got selected was cause Wright wanted it. We are getting a solo Ant-Man film for now and that's all it is going to be for a while. He might make appearances in the next Avengers sequels. But we won't see any sequels for Ant-Man for at least another 5 years.

Unless the next trailer shows something that grabs me, this will be the first Marvel movie I don't bother to see in the theater. I love Paul Rudd, but Ant-man does nothing for me as a character, the tone seems too dour for the content, and the suit looks like a 90s TV show (MANITS?). I suspect this will be a mis-step. I'm happy to be proved wrong though. GotG certainly surprised me.

Considering all the director drama and the source material, I think this looks like a pretty solid effort, but certainly not one of Marvel Studio's finest. If it turns out as good as TIH I'll be happy.

I'm just hoping that all the great ideas they have for a movie, someone is saying "Save it for Captain Marvel".

Considering the skepticism for Guardians of the Galaxy, I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that anything Marvel touches turns to gold.

Considering the skepticism for Guardians of the Galaxy, I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that anything Marvel touches turns to gold.

Well they have a good run and the last few movies have been nothing but great with a few exceptions ofc. This has a great cast and yet another "unknown" hero which lookin at the trailer looks good so far..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back