Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Space Command Clipper build Part One

This is going to be an exciting one for me guys.

Steve

Clipper_3QTR_03.jpg

a sci/fi made by sci/fi guys for us sci/fi fans......how can it get better then that ?

this is going to be an exciting thread to watch !!

This is gonna be so retro cool :cool

Are they using the model for filming or will it be CG?

Very cool retro-futuristic design Steve.
I was wondering how big this ship could really be based on the size of the cockpit; then in the video, you mention it's a multi-level cockpit so I can see this ship being much larger than I at first imagined.
This is an exciting project. Definitely looking forward to more installments as you go along.

Thanks guys I just heard from Doug and they do want to do some practical shots with the model. 95 percent will be CG but 5 % will be this model. So I guess this thread should be moved to Studio Scale. ;)

More later,

Steve

Steve, as cool as watching you build kits is; I am really looking forward to another scratch build. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed and learned from your Enterprise and Daedalus builds. Will you be making molds for this similar to how you did the Enterprise?

Will

Will pretty much. Silicone right and left halves that will be cored and filled with alumilite. No more epoxy for this kid! ;)

steve

Actually, thank you! I've been painting and converting miniatures and models for about fifteen to twenty years and since watching you on youtube my head is spinning with new ideas.

Good to hear! Keep busy it's good for the soul. Not to mention all the cool stuff you can have. ;)

Steve

Currently I'm waiting for an email from Doug with the profile and cross section I need to get started. Everything else is in place to get started.

Steve

pretty freekin cool !!! :) Steve , I'm so glad your doing this for everyone to see, myself i would love to do scratch builds but just dont have enough info, this is going to be a great help :) very exciting stuff !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back