Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys yes they made it but we need to keep pushing. they are already having the first production meeting today and the sets have been started. As far as I know I'm moving on to my first assignment to build some space suits for the show. more on that later.

thanks for all you help and keep on spreading the word. I think this is the beginning of a whole new Star Trek. These are the early days before anyone would realize years later just how far it would go!

Many of the former Star Trek actors will be in this series. that will be announced later today or tonight. New video will be on the FB page and Kick starter. It's a reality now!

Steve

Alligators? Bears? Hogs?
I thought you lived in Southern California, not the backwoods of Georgia.

I do have some concerns.
Are they going to use tripods?

Are we going to see shows about what they are doing, not about how they feel?

It's good to see this happening, but it's only the beginning.

Steve, I hope they give you a part in the movie. Maybe show you in a shipyard or something working on ships. That would be ironic.

Alligators? Bears? Hogs?
I thought you lived in Southern California, not the backwoods of Georgia.

I do have some concerns.
Are they going to use tripods?

Are we going to see shows about what they are doing, not about how they feel?

It's good to see this happening, but it's only the beginning.

Quite simply Max this is old school. Man kind ventures to the stars. All our hope and dreams. No soap opera. Just the drama of the human adventure to the stars!

You got to remember who is behind all this. Not the rap generation but the baby boomers. The writer Marc Zicree, Doug Drexler, Okuda, myself all in their 50s and 60s. We never gave up.

We grew up on George Pal and Ray Bradbury. Who BTW is involved.

Steve

Steve, I hope they give you a part in the movie. Maybe show you in a shipyard or something working on ships. That would be ironic.

I sent Doug your request! ;)

But really guys if you want to see that and Rosie in the film somewhere send them the request directly to their Face book Page or the comments section of the Kick Starter Page.

Space Command | Facebook

Space Command by Marc Zicree — Kickstarter

Start your own campaign and I'll be happy to comply! ;)

Thanks guys that would be fun! Got to have Rosie too.

RosieandsteveSpaceCommand0000.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Of course! Every ship yard needs a dog wandering around. ;)

Glad to hear it'll just be a good old fashioned adventure film. No love triangles for me please! :D

Well I sent your request to Doug Drexler himself and he approved! Rosie and I will be on camera somewhere! thanks to you guys!

Be sure to go over to the Face book page and thank him from both of us!

:)

Steve

I already see this model as a future classic where people will be building their own versions of it one day.

Well I sent your request to Doug Drexler himself and he approved! Rosie and I will be on camera somewhere! thanks to you guys!

Be sure to go over to the Face book page and thank him from both of us!

:)

Steve

Sweet! Now I can say an idea I had made it in to a movie! :lol

Seriously though, you deserve it!

This is great news, Steve! I wish I hadn't clicked on the kickstart link when I did (I pulled the old "I'll look at it later") so of course I saw the mention of the Coast to Coast a.m. broadcast after it had aired.:cry That'll teach me to procrastinate.
This is wonderful for someone like me (and I'm sure many others) who are worn out on the Hollywood-style of movie making. I didn't realize it until recently, but the last Hollywood movie I paid money to go see was Air Force One!!:eek

Quite simply Max this is old school. Man kind ventures to the stars. All our hope and dreams. No soap opera. Just the drama of the human adventure to the stars!

You got to remember who is behind all this. Not the rap generation but the baby boomers. The writer Marc Zicree, Doug Drexler, Okuda, myself all in their 50s and 60s. We never gave up.

We grew up on George Pal and Ray Bradbury. Who BTW is involved.

Steve
I was joking in part, I understand where you guys are coming from. Being one of the kids from the 70's we saw most of what you guys saw, and had some truly great stuff from that period(not counting SW, but it sure helped out).

I'm sure you would understand my trepidation, how many times have we been promised something great? Only to get more crap, or worse trying to re-brand an old product. Where it can never meet the mark of the show it was trying to change. True creativity comes from trying to go you own way(taking risks), for there isn't business model in the world can predict a winner(regardless of what the suits think). I know we can't say that about SC, we have nothing to go by as yet.

I certainly hope you guys break a leg.

But whatever happens you guys are showing the way. After this there will be more projects coming. Which means several things, the old guys pushed out of Hollywood have a chance to get work. Plus they have a chance to pass on what they know to another generation. And we will get a chance of seeing some good old practical effects(real spaceship models?).

Best of all we will get to see something new.

Steve I know what you can do for a walk on part, take the coats off a tripod while Rosie is snapping at lens flares.

LOL! Thanks Max, This isn't an Abram's project so II don't think there will be lens flares!

Wow Air Force one? That was a long time ago. Thanks you guys.

steve

Well there will be video sometime tonight if my machines stop revolting. So here's some darn pictures for now.

And remember these are masters in which I will make molds from. They aren't finished or scribed with panel lines yet, yada, yada. ;)

Just taped together.

Steve

IMG_8372.jpg

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

Last edited:
Steve,

I've got to buy some foam tomorrow to put below my keyboard. My jaw keeps hitting it. GORGEOUS WORK.

Maybe they should make Rosie the official, or unofficial, ships mascot.

Ted.

Steve, this is just fantastic to watch and follow along. I've always wanted a large scale Enterprise D and thought I'd never get the chance to have one, but you've inspired me to jump in with both feet (typical for me!) and scratch build my own!

I have ZERO experience in scratch building and negligable experience working with most of the materials you use, but with your master classes to help guide me, how can I fail?! I believe the best way to learn is to do, so I will.

Thanks Steve for giving me the inspiration to jump into a whole new realm of building!!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back