Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pour and squash molding method looks like a great way to eliminate bubbles, like poor man's pressure casting. It is pressure casting when you think about it.

Steve-
You continue to out-do yourself!Thanks for letting us see this.
More importantly-Thanks for the tutorials!
Amazing work!

Thanks guys this was a stretch to get made in 30 days. Tomorrow is 4 weeks exactly. Doug is very happy. Just got the tips to fit. Can't do anymore must sleep!

Steve

Steve,

Right at the end of video part 25 I was expecting you to pass out cigars. You look like a proud parent. And with good reason. I love the design and it just keeps getting better and better. So glad this show will be mixing practical models along with Mr. Drexler's incredible CGI.

Ted.

Hi Steve, you mention "grease" I think, to act as a barrier for your filler... what kind of grease do you use for that?

Thx~

R

Nothing like pulling a fresh cast out the mold like pulling a baby out the womb but less messy :behave.

Hi Steve, you mention "grease" I think, to act as a barrier for your filler... what kind of grease do you use for that?

Thx~

R

Ryder,
In the past Steve has mentioned vaseline when making resists on the molds, but sometimes he has used spray-on mold release. If I had to guess, I'd go with the petroleum jelly

It's great to see the actual resin pieces finally fitted together (even if temporary). Excellent job and I can't wait for the next installment(s)!

3… 2… 1… We have ignition!

Looking good.

The earth is simply too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all its eggs in.
- Arthur C. Clarke

A bit more ignition folks! Video tomorrow.

IMG_8417.jpg

Awesome progress Steve!
Whoever Tony Evans is, please contact me... Id LOVE to get a set of those XR-1 blueprints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back