Show off: My new Star Wars office/man cave/prop display - Picture heavy

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys!

I was going to wait with the show off still, as I was hoping to have the Elm Studios Emperor there for the pics, but I thought "what the heck, you'll just take new ones when it arrives".

Short introduction: I just recently moved in with my girlfriend (a very lovely, nerdy and understanding woman :)) and got my own room as an office/prop room.

I've been building and collecting for almost 10 years now (not counting the action figure days when I was a teen ;)), and in my old place I just didn't have a proper display solution. Well now I have! And I thought it was well worth showing off, so here you go:

The entire wall (almost all my stuff is on display there now)
displaywall1.jpg

displaywall2.jpg

a closer look at the detolfs:
detolf1.jpg

detolf23.jpg

detolf4.jpg

One of the highlights - A v3.1 Cyberman Yoda:
yoda1.jpg

yoda2.jpg

yoda3.jpg

A bit brighter:
yoda.jpg

The "trooper bits and bobs" shelf:
stormtroopershelf.jpg

And the "droid bits and bobs" shelf:
r2shelf.jpg

And finally, standing guard at the entrance, my RS Propmasters Stormtrooper:
trooper.jpg

In case some might wonder, the entire display wall is "powered by ikea". 4 Detolfs (that I bought used on eBay) standing on two Lack tv units (with the legs left off), and topped off with two Ekby Amund shelves. The Vader bust, Yoda and Salacious are put on top of Expedit cubes, which I can't find online at ikea, but they did have them at the store. The LED lights I got from a local Euro shop though ;)

I actually stole the basic idea for it from someone on here, I sadly don't remember who it was, could have been ONEYE.

Anyway, I hope you like it as much as I do :)

I should have posted it on Friday, May the 4th and all, but I just got time to take pictures today... still, to be a little cheesy: May the Force be with the RPF, as a lot of what you see on these pics wouldn't have been possible without this fine community!

Last edited:
It's really stunning!
I saw the display several times at Dan's home... As Darth Vader would say, "Impressive, most impressive!"

Really looks great. Shows how important the lighting can be. I need to remember that.

Curious - I love the ANH droid head. Where did you get that?!

Also, great trooper. What kind of armor is it.

Thanks

That's a great display. Very clean and professional. Love it!

I had always thought about making a wood plank that connected the Detolf shelves, well done.

The CZ-3 droid head was sculpted and cast by zorg, finished by me.

The Stormtrooper is an RS Propmasters PVC kit, built by me.

Great collection!

But I do have a question. In the pic below, what is that a mold of in the center? Looks like a groupie got a hold of some plaster and molded his........

The "trooper bits and bobs" shelf:
stormtroopershelf.jpg

I wondered how long it would take you guys to see it. It's a special one off RS Propnasters original vacformed piece just for me. It's a long story... ;)

But just like the R2 hat it's a token of friendship and therefore deserves to be on display

haha I remember seeing that one off "piece" on Robs FB lmao

Awesome looking display mate. Looks really professional and complete with out that crowded look you usually find with some displays. I love the lighting as well.

It's just a Denix Mauser with some resin bits slapped on. Not totally accurate, but it was just a quick project as I had both the Mauser and the parts lying around.

Very cool display, Dan :thumbsup Cool items presented very tastefully... I particularly like the 'Old Ben' Kenobi bust, with the light shining on it :cool

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back