K'Tinga Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
Started another today for a member of this forum Bryan. Today I made the base and got the model parts all trimmed and openings made for the AFT Photon emitter and the impulse engines. all the light blocking done and a custom base.

Video on the way. It will take hours to load.

Here's some pictures in the mean time.

The leather effect on the base I talk about in the video as well as showing you the entire process of building it.

Steve

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8338.jpg

I can't believe it!!!!

I thought to myself, "how the heck did he get that almost leather effect on the base????"

Happy accident indeed!

Rich

Thanks for posting the video guys. I was having a was with my aging PCs again. Gave up and wen to bed.

I see they loaded.

Steve

That base turned out awesome! What a happy accident with the primer over the uncured clearcoat. I look forward to the next video.

Was that a black primer Steve you put on over the clearcoat? Must be I guess. Normally I've only used grey or white primer myself.

Steve,
Out of curiosity are you going to have the flashing red nav lights on the top of the neck and middle bottom of the main hull?
Watching the opening scene they pulse at the same time.

Hey Steve!
You don't know me, but I had to drop in and let you know how much fun I have watching your builds!

I adore watching the New Yankee Workshop because while I'm watching I get the inescapable feeling that I'm seeing a master craftsman at work. Watching your video updates gives me exactly the same feeling - with a nerdy twist. I love it! Keep up the good work!
Someday I'd love to own one of your pieces.

Build on, good sir!

Was that a black primer Steve you put on over the clearcoat? Must be I guess. Normally I've only used grey or white primer myself.

Dark gray primer from Rustoleum. It looks black not dark gray.

And thanks guys for all the nice comments. I appreciate it.

As for the flashing lights that board to drive them at the same time is 62 bucks. I figure I'll just have them on not unless the client wants to get the board. It also drives the strobes so it's kinda of a waste just for two flashing lights. And they don't make red blinkers except in 5 mm that I could find. Too big and they won't flash at the same time.

Steve

Dark gray primer from Rustoleum. It looks black not dark gray.

And thanks guys for all the nice comments. I appreciate it.

As for the flashing lights that board to drive them at the same time is 62 bucks. I figure I'll just have them on not unless the client wants to get the board. It also drives the strobes so it's kinda of a waste just for two flashing lights. And they don't make red blinkers except in 5 mm that I could find. Too big and they won't flash at the same time.

Steve

You could try using a self-flashing red LED and run fiber to the points on the hull where you need flashing red lights. I did that on my 18" Enterprise build. Using one flashing LED ensures they will all be in sync.

Holy Crap!!!!

Slow down and give us a small chance to catch up!! :lol

Seriously. With all the multitasking of these builds, photos, videos etc. it’s amazing you have time to sleep and eat. It’s getting to a point where you should have your own category up on top. And as usual, you’re doing a wonderful job. Thank you Steve for sharing your amazing work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys and thanks Steve for that thought. I have one flashing Red 5mm in my bin and I'm going to do exactly that!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back